Leisure Pro warranty policy...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:deadhorse:

Let me see. It costs me waaay less from LP. It stops working after two years and they charge me a nominal amount for a newer model. Now I bitch and moan because I'm not getting a new one for free.

I wish that it worked that way for cars too. But it doesn't so stop whining.

Actually, he didn't say his computer stopped working or even that he was having a problem with it, just that he found out there was a defect and he wanted it replaced.

I bought so much stuff online, big ticket stuff, that if I had to shell out a hundo due to a bad deal, I'm still money ahead.

Besides, I'll say it again... SCUBAPRO SHOULD FIX THE JUNK THEY MANFACTURE. THEY ADMIT THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THIS THING!!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT UNDER SCUBAPro's TERMS, THEY WOULD HAVE FIXED IT FOR FREE!

I bought my SmartCom from an authorized dealer, and when it was recalled, the dealer gave me a loaner for free, and SP sent me a brand new one for nothing.

A few years later, it needed a new battery. They replaced the battery, calibrated it, sealed it up good as new, tested it and sent it back for nothing.

"As good as the manufacturer's warranty" is as valid as "As good as cash", which is to say "Not really".

Cash is cash. Everything else is something different. Same thing with warranties and manufacturer's service. This applies double to anything that can't be fixed in a shop.

LP runs a very big successful operation, but they're not authorized for Uwatec and have no way to service a dive computer beyond changing the battery and they have no way to return it for warranty service, so when you buy Uwatec from them, you have to take whatever they give you and hope it's OK.

Terry

This is the problem with LP's warranty. It is their warranty, not the manufacturers. Maybe they'll give you the same treatment, maybe not. I've heard of people getting everything from outstanding service with quick turnaround all the way to "nope, we're not going to do anything about that".

Rather than the manufacturers warranty, which will be honored at any authorized dealer, you have one single point to deal with & if they don't live up to their promises you're pretty much on the wrong end of the screwing with not a whole lot to do about it.

For some, it doesn't matter. They're willing to save some cash on the front end & take their chances, not gonna get cranked up if it doesn't work out as promised. For others it's a big deal. They should stick with authorized dealers & skip the stress.

Actually, if you read Leisure Pro's warranty (first go to Warranty Policy | LeisurePro.com and then check out http://www.leisurepro.com/Downloads/Warranty.pdf) you will see that you don't have to "take whatever they give you and hope it's OK."

And, for what it's worth, my computer wasn't working properly. I said that there was a "known defect" and that's why Scuba Pro stopped making that particular model. My computer was plagued with the "known defect."

Wait til it comes for a battery replacement :) free from scurbapro, guess what it costs to pay for that yourself since you don't have a factory warranty, lol

I dunno, how much do the batteries cost and what is 15 minutes of your time worth?

I dunno, how much do the batteries cost and what is 15 minutes of your time worth?

If it's a SmartCom, that would be $300 - $400 and a couple of months.

Terry

Actually, if you read Leisure Pro's warranty (first go to Warranty Policy | LeisurePro.com and then check out http://www.leisurepro.com/Downloads/Warranty.pdf) you will see that you don't have to "take whatever they give you and hope it's OK."

And, for what it's worth, my computer wasn't working properly. I said that there was a "known defect" and that's why Scuba Pro stopped making that particular model. My computer was plagued with the "known defect."

again, we're batting about what they say vs what they do. Over the years there have been people on this site & others who had failures & LP refused to remedy the problems. They never got anywhere with it.

Now I suppose you could always sue them to make them live up to it, but I guess most people find it more trouble & expense to sue from out of state than the item is worth. So for all practical matters, if LP won't do anything, you're most likely going to be stuck with that.

LP has seen alot of problems with this computer but they sell it to people anyway if it works out great if not they put you off till you go away or spend more money now thats where i want to do business.I bet half of the people just sell it on ebay and hope to get close to there money back.

You bought it in March 2006 and returned it in Jan 2008. How many times had you replaced the batteries? The CR2450 can be had for $5. Might be cheaper to buy a bunch of batteries than pay the $100 upgrade.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom