Legends of Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr. Burgess, the author of The Cave Divers, has also been a contributor here.

I wish JJ would have posted more. He was here briefly, but nothing for a long time.

Sigh, I wasn't even on Pete's short list of "legends in their own mind."

I was lucky enough to get both John and Richie sign my copy of SD book :D

And John was also very gracious to stop by at our booth at DEMA (well .... I admit that I chase him around for a day ...) and take a picture with us :wink: .... can I post the picture?

Plus ... I had the opportunity to dive with a "legend in making" ..... aka Dr. Bill :blinking:

Regards,

I_AM

Drbill:

Bill...You are a legend to us...Group hug...

DiveNavl:
And John was also very gracious to stop by at our booth at DEMA (well .... I admit that I chase him around for a day ...) and take a picture with us .... can I post the picture?

I'd enjoy seeing the picture. I was at DEMA manning the Discovery Diving booth and when not doing that I was running around with the others there talking to dealers and manufacturers and....trying in vain to win the Suunto D-9.
By the time the week was over I was exhausted...

...think back to the heydays of Jacques Cousteau. I am told that Phillipe lurks here from time to time.

Ah, Net Doc, did you mean Philippe Cousteau? If you did, please try and find out his ISP because I have a few former friends I'd sure like to send e-mail to! :D

You are on my "Legends in the Making" list! "Dive Dry with Wet Dr Bill" :D I would give you my "seal of approval" but you're gonna have to replace that neck seal! :D

Don't worry Dr Bill you're on everyone else short list.
Their long list too for that matter.
Wait is that a good thing?

Well, thanks.. "you really like me!"

Being a marine biologist and not a wreck or cave diver (too scary for me), my legends tend to be divers who conduct scientific research on the marine life or educate others about it. Of course Jacques Yves Cousteau comes to mind immediate, as does Philippe (senior) but they are both diving in "heavenly" waters. I didn't know Philippe's son was on 'Board. I don't believe Jean-Michel or Dr. Richard C. "Murph" Murphy frequent SB but if they did, they'd fall in the living category. And of course there are other diving marine biologists and marine educators out there as well.

I'd enjoy seeing the picture. I was at DEMA manning the Discovery Diving booth and when not doing that I was running around with the others there talking to dealers and manufacturers and....trying in vain to win the Suunto D-9.
By the time the week was over I was exhausted...
DiveNav_JC2.jpg

Sure ....

I_AM

Not to mention that they are held accountable to every word they mutter and, as "celebrities", must measure their words more carefully. If I say something stupid or mean or inconsistent, nobody cares. If they do, it's liable to end up as a quote in a future book.

Even non-legends have that happen to us. That's why I prefer to lurk when I have time and, if I have anything I think I can contribute, will usually respond to the poster via PM. I like to think of myself as controversy-adverse...

Back
Top Bottom