Leaving the board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't let this kind of thing drive you away. SB is after all an Internet forum. There may be bullies, but most are only people with opinions. Often it is difficult to judge the tones of the posts, because we don't hear inflection and see body language. (ya know, phrases and words in the Japanese language often have different meanings depending on inflection of the voice).
I've actually become friends with folks here with whom I originally crossed swords. I use a 13 cf pony, split fins and for some time an airII on my BPW. I've had my debates and arguments, but in the end everybody usually agrees to disagree.

Last edited:
:yawn:

Has anyone kept an accurate total?

Are there more "I'm (leaving, pissed, disgusted)" or "BP/W vs Poodle Jacket" thread?

I am a member of a number of forums, both related to scuba diving and four wheel driving. The scuba diving one in Australia has basically become a forum that is not used, with use probably 10% of what it was a few years ago. Why? Because there were so many flaming posts. In most cases, the people doing this were people who hardly ever dived but who had spent huge amounts of money on training and considered themselves experts and that their view (read the view of the agency that taught them) was the one and only way. A bit like some religions! These people would post nasty comments on other posts, abusing the person rather than the post. I have seen some cases like that here, but not as many. I fully understand your decision to leave. Another possible option is to just not look at the forums for a long time.

Just how did you get back in???

I emailed some nice lady on here and she reset my password. :)

My original ban was 10 years, but I got 2 years knocked off for good behavior. :) lol

Don't you hate it when they shut the board down at 3:30 Eastern time, 2:20 for most of Texas, and you have to wait 15 minutes before posting your argument...?! :mad: Once I didn't notice the time and had to retype it all. :(

:yawn:

Has anyone kept an accurate total?

Are there more "I'm (leaving, pissed, disgusted)" or "BP/W vs Poodle Jacket" thread?
"goodbye" threads are the main reason we need a popcorn smiley.

Don't you hate it when they shut the board down at 3:30 Eastern time, 2:20 for most of Texas, and you have to wait 15 minutes before posting your argument...?! :mad: Once I didn't notice the time and had to retype it all. :(

They do that for a reason, Don. Nobody here (that I know) can remember what they were going to say for 15 minutes. Kinda starts things over fresh every day...

"goodbye" threads are the main reason we need a popcorn smiley.

Don't, just don't do it. No.

Back
Top Bottom