Leaving the board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ideas are put out there to be tested and thus confirmed or rejected. Where it not for people who are willing to take the time and energy to provide opposing views we'd all be walking about with far more BS in our brains that we currently enjoy.

Realising youre wrong.jpg

you just have to turn your filter on when posting on a board. It is very similar to diving, the majority of divers are great people and very helpful if you have a question. Occasionally on a dive there is someone who knows everything about everything and has no problem letting everyone know it. I have had people lecture me on marine biology/ecology. I've learned to just smile and nod. I don't tell them I have a masters degree in marine biology and 15+ years experience in the field. just smile and nod.

I say this all the time, but ScubaBoard is what YOU want it to be. We can only be as good as you make us. According to my search in the Mod area, the OP has never reported a post... Not even once. IOW, we never had a chance to intervene for him. Try going into a doctor's office and not telling him /her what is hurting you and see just how successful they are. Mods are not mind readers... Except for maybe Doc Intrepid. :D

On the lighter side, his new status inspired me to write a parody. With my humble apologies to any one who liked "Please Release Me" as well as to the writer and performers of that song:

Please Delete Me

Please Delete me, Make me go....
I'm not posting here, no mo!
The words you wrote were so unkind...
Delete me, then please kiss my behind!

The words you posted may be true...
You said you weren't getting through.
If only I had a single clue,
I'd understand and wouldn't feel this blue!

Please delete me, make me go...
I don't feel welcome here no mo!
The mods all hate me, yes it's true!
Delete me, and let me start a new!

I told my Sock puppet the other day...
Our thread wasn't going our way!
The kind lady doctor called me a stroke!
I guess I should have thought before I wrote.

Please Undelete me, let me stay.
I've seen the error of my way!
My friends never noticed I was gone...
Undelete me, before I sing this song (again)

Damn it, you're messing with my internet friend. But I was forced to "like" your post as it is so damn accurate, and funny.

[-]You really are a bum[/-], Pete. No, not that Pete, the other one. You know, the poombah or whatever he calls himself.

"You are BEHAVING like a bum," -I keep forgetting the TOS.

lowviz:6346667:
Damn it, you're messing with my internet friend. But I was forced to "like" your post as it is so damn accurate, and funny.

You really are a bum, Pete. No, not that Pete, the other one. You know, the poombah or whatever he calls himself.
Do you always rePete yourself?

And no, I don't call myself that. You can thank HowardE :)

I say this all the time, but ScubaBoard is what YOU want it to be. We can only be as good as you make us. According to my search in the Mod area, the OP has never reported a post... Not even once. IOW, we never had a chance to intervene for him. Try going into a doctor's office and not telling him /her what is hurting you and see just how successful they are. Mods are not mind readers... Except for maybe Doc Intrepid. :D

I get what you're saying but surely you see how there are things that don't rise to the level of reporting but still give this board a negative feel. This hasn't happened to me but to use my earlier illustration, all it takes is asking a pretty simple beginners question and having several people pounce with a terse "DO A SEARCH" rather than just offering friendly answers. Yeah, there is a search tool that can be used but there is also the thought that if you don't want to answer a newbie's question, don't open the thread.

Having said all that, I've got no big beef. But I'm a member of several boards that do a good job at keeping the tone of the board positive - several religion/spiritual boards even (and if they can do it, anyone can) - so it IS possible and I can't concur that it is all what we want it to be. On those boards, the administrators are definitely progressive and proactive about keeping a lid on things (not wholly saying they don't here but at the same time, somewhat pushing back on your first and second sentence). Just sayin'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom