Leaving the board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I took the survey not too long ago, my input reflected I thought this board was a reasonably decent safe place to state your opinion. In my entire four years on the board I have only been the recipient of berrating, personally insulting responses twice(once about tipping, the other concerning The Blue Heron Bridge). I have received a lot of kind well thought out answers to most of my questions.

I read the thread/link that Don posted and if the decision to leave was based on that then IMHO the OP is pretty thin skinned.

However, I have recently started to think that some posters really do "lurk waiting to pounce" on some unsuspecting, in-experienced diver/board member. I have recently started looking for a group or some other board where members are a little more helpful(have not found it yet). It also appears to me, that there is a growing amount of "Us and Them" mentality developing within this board.

Cheers,
Roger

I

Last edited:
I'm new. I like Scubaboard. I've learned more here than I did from my instructor (who was AWESOME), my LDS, and my PADI manual. I've read thousands of posts. With time, the more active members show their true colors. Some (who likely don't even know I exist) I have developed a huge respect for, others, I'll read their posts just for a laugh.

Comments have been made on my posts; positive and negative. I respond, or I don't.

If for some strange reason I no longer wanted to frequent the board, I would delete my profile and be done with it. Easy. Why would I want to stamp my foot and have a tantrum? Wouldn't that be a looking for attention scheme that you have accused other members of (and is the reason you are leaving?). Egos la la la right?

Strikes me as strange how often the pot calls the kettle black.

I take a public "resignation" more as a request for help than as a serious resignation.

I take a public "resignation" more as a request for help than as a serious resignation.
Would you base that somewhat loosely on the fact that he "quit" at 949 AM, and was still checking his posts at 913 PM?

Welcome back, Pete!

There are some serious asses on this board. But this board in no different than AR 15. Com. I just ignore the asses and enjoy the quality people. I left for several years once but wandered back and I've met some great people. I would like to meet some of the asses in person. I guarantee they aren't like that in person. But hey its the internet, get it?

Sent from my DROID X2

Would you base that somewhat loosely on the fact that he "quit" at 949 AM, and was still checking his posts at 913 PM?

Welcome back, Pete!

:hm:......looks like we are in this phase.

......Most people that make the dramatic exit come back at some point. They'll usually stop in to see if anybody misses them......

Soon he will realize that there was not an overwhelming outpouring of emotion over his decision to leave which will be mixed with embarrassment over being found out (for not actually leaving) and he will leave the board for good......for a couple weeks maybe. Then he reads, then he posts, hoping that people will not recognize his name and call him on it.

Last edited:
There is always reincarnation.

However, I have recently started to think that some posters really do "lurk waiting to pounce" on some unsuspecting, in-experienced diver/board member. I have recently started looking for a group or some other board where members are a little more helpful(have not found it yet). It also appears to me, that there is a growing amount of "Us and Them" mentality developing within this board.

Cheers,
Roger

I
On any forum youll have trolls and on any forum there will be an increasing "us" and "them" population, simply because "us" is the ones thats been on the board for a while and "them" is the new people.
As the ammount of people on the board increase, the ammount of people whos been around for a while and as such know more of what to expect from eachother also increase..

Thats not to say that "us" dont want to allow "them" into the fold..

Back
Top Bottom