Leather goods recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who is Ray? I thought Antonio was the owner of that place. I remember Antonio said his family or his siblings made lots of leather goods so maybe Ray is a brother? During the really tough Covid shutdowns I think Antonio said he was learning the making of leather goods from his family so maybe he tried to go in that direction a little while before getting back into the jewelry again?

I can't prove I'm not just having a brain fart and totally messing up identities, but we've been having shoes and belts and stuff made there for at least a decade and originally went in for huaraches after Sr. Solis of Huarachería Solis died. The guy of whom I'm thinking is definitely the owner. Last month he showed us the new workbenches he'd just had installed in back.

I'll be able to check whether I should be mortified with embarrassment in a few days.

I can't prove I'm not just having a brain fart and totally messing up identities, but we've been having shoes and belts and stuff made there for at least a decade and originally went in for huaraches after Sr. Solis of Huarachería Solis died. The guy of whom I'm thinking is definitely the owner. Last month he showed us the new workbenches he'd just had installed in back.

I'll be able to check whether I should be mortified with embarrassment in a few days.

No worries. The only Ray I can think of is the founder's son of the El Moro restaurant (who is probably the most friendly person and server in the world!). But regardless, you are spot on... For leather goods and jewelry you can trust, it's Deja vu all the way. There are only 3 shops on the island I'd buy jewelry from and Deja vu is my #1. When we've been shopping there all the locals seem to bring their jewelry there for repairs and such so if the locals trust it I think I can. I know Antonio sells his family's home made leather goods in that shop. Quite honestly, I'm now wondering if Antonio's son is running the store more now when Antonio is away and his son's name may be Ray so you may not be wrong. Maybe that's Ray? Anyway, no matter. My wife lost an earing from a pair we bought there a few years ago so Antonio or Ray are gonna get some more business this fall.

Annotation 2022-09-14 195343.jpg

Back
Top Bottom