Leaky Dry ZipGloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bbianchi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This weekend while helping with a rescue class my left dry zipglove was leaking and I cant figure out why. I havent been able to find any holes in the glove..

This leaves two possibilities:

1) Zipseal was somehow leaking (but the water was in the glove, and my gloves have latex dams in them)

2) There is a small glue failure between the glove and the zipseal adapter.

How can I figure this one out? These gloves arent cheap or easy to pressurize.

mount the glove on the suit. seal up the suit and inflate it. spray the suspect are with soapy water. look for bubbles.

How bad was the leak? damp hand, or pour a cup of water out of the glove?

How does one go about sealing the neck? I have a neoprene seal there FWIW.

Water was sloshing around in the glove, and it made for one very cold hand.

Hi Brandon!

Looks like the above mentioned advice is solid. It sounds like, if the water was only in the glove, the glove got a small nick in it somehow. If the leak was in the zip portion, your arm would have gotten wet as well. Are your gloves the orange ones (max dexterity) or the blue ones (heavy duty)?

We would be more than happy to test it for you if you are having trouble determining where the leak is coming from.

Thanks,

Jessica
DUI

Went with the blue ones, in thinking about what was touched Sunday I cant see what would have punctured it, especially since I was always the victim so all I did was lay there :wink:.

Ill have to give the "home" test a shot first and then look at sending the glove your way.

Back
Top Bottom