Leaking mask help needed.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A couple of guys I dive with use vasoline on their mustaches to help with the seal. I wonder if that would help bridge the gap for someone with an unusual face. My Girlfriend has a Cressi Big Eyes mask at leaks on her all the time. We've been looking for another mask that fits fer face better but so far no luck. My LDS also sells a tube of stuff called Mask Seal, but at $3.00 for a small tube I'm not sure how many they sell.

Ty

I have the same problem. Silcon grease fixes the moustache but I get side leakage.

I've found the best fit (slower leaks) is keeping the strap loose and experimenting with better strap placement. Worst case: I agree with Walter: I barely notice clearing the mask after a while but it can be a minor nuisance.

We just have to deal with our funny head shapes.

I have a mustache as well. I shave 1/8 under the nose. Tusa and Scubapro spectra 2 masks work well for me no leaks

I have a mask that never leaked until this summer when i grew a beard and mustache. So I shaved. No problemo.

I have a mask that never leaked until this summer when i grew a beard and mustache. So I shaved. No problemo.

So waayy back in 2002 I had a beard, and like others have mentioned here, it caused some bubble trouble with the mask. So I shaved it in 2003, 6 YEARS ago. :wink:

Fast Forward to July 2009 and I decide to grow back the beard (van dyke) and sure enough my mask bubble troubles return. The mask doesn't seat right and always leaks. Soo I'm thinking of shaving it off again.

Perhaps the best thing for me to do would be to subscribe to this thread and then wait a few years for an email letting me know it's time to shave it off again :p

Always happy to lend a helping hand SoCal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom