LDS stocking Waterproof drysuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do a search on this board for Whites Fusion. There are plenty of excellent reviews. I have an old DUI and would happily replace it with a Fusion tech skin...in rescue red. My gal gets one before me though.

Do a search on this board for Whites Fusion. There are plenty of excellent reviews. I have an old DUI and would happily replace it with a Fusion tech skin...in rescue red. My gal gets one before me though.

Red is a go for May or June :D

Michelle,

I did some reading about the Fusion and it seems to be an amazing suit; almost too good to be true. What is your experience after diving the suit and how does the skin handle the Monastery crawl/similar beatings?

How does the pockets on the tech skin work out? Are they sagging and drag the loose outer skin down or do they work out underwater?

Cheers

-Dave

I haven't had the pleasure of doing the Monastery crawl with the suit yet but I'm sure it will hold up just fine. I don't have the tech skin yet either, so I couldn't tell you about the pockets.

I will say that everything you hear is true about the ease of donning the suit and how unrestrictive it is. I feel much less restricted in it then I did my wetsuit.

well, as everyone seems to love the suit I will have to check it out. I heard that Bamboo Reef is going to start selling it, so I'll pay them a visit to see for myself.

cheers

Michelle,

I did some reading about the Fusion and it seems to be an amazing suit; almost too good to be true. What is your experience after diving the suit and how does the skin handle the Monastery crawl/similar beatings?

How does the pockets on the tech skin work out? Are they sagging and drag the loose outer skin down or do they work out underwater?

Cheers

-Dave

I have two crawls out of Monastery with a Whites demo. I think it was the sport model, definitely not the Fusion. No dings. I know it can sound like it's the next thing to Superman's cape, but it truly is a good suit. And if you ding the exterior, just replace the outer skin. I'm a little concerned with gunk in the boots grinding against the sock, but you get that with a DUI, or any other socked drysuit. The key to the thing, it seems to me, that instead of being built like a rock, it's built like a willow, flexing away, giving before it gets damaged. They've turned flexibility into a strength. It's entirely possible that they changed the drysuit design game wholesale. Chest zip is not perfect, bulges a bit, but hey...

-Nomad

Back
Top Bottom