LBTS or Dania - any recent conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Likes2Cruise

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Pondering a weekend (1/31-2/1) dive trip to that area if conditions are looking favorable. Seems that the tides for BHB look to be at a reasonable time of the day. Thinking one day diving BHB the other Hibiscus or Dania/Jacks.

Anyone been diving any of these sites recently?

Thanks in advance.

Sure, SoFla SBB-ers dive them all the time. Great sites. NOAA says:

Saturday... North winds 20 to 25 knots becoming 15 to 20 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet near shore and up to 7 to 9 feet in the gulf stream. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop.

Saturday Night... Northeast winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet near shore and up to 7 to 9 feet in the gulf stream. Intracoastal waters choppy in exposed areas.

Sunday... East winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet near shore and up to 5 to 7 feet in the gulf stream. Intracoastal waters choppy in exposed areas.

Sunday Night... Southeast winds 15 to 20 knots becoming east 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. Intracoastal waters choppy in exposed areas.

Well, I interpret that as a 'No way in hell'
Winds a bit brisk but in the right direction, but 2-5' seas inshore?

...also known as "Rolling the Bones" ...

NOAA is not perfect with it's weather predictions. In fact ANYONE who tries to tell you what the weather will be more than 12 hours in advance will be wrong as often as they are right here in South FL. Wait until the night before and try to watch the trend in the winds ... check the Fowey Rocks station here:

NDBC - Station FWYF1

Locally, if the wind is over 15 knots out of the NE or E and it will be a little "sporty" near shore. Any wind out of the W will be OK pretty much no matter the wind speed as it tends to push the water down near shore here. When it's S or SE you need to check the beach cam here:

Live Fort Lauderdale Web Cam - Fort Lauderdale CVB

In fact, that is my home page, I check it and dream all day.

Good luck and have fun.

Wes
BTW, look me up if you want a professional dive guide.

Hey Wes! Nice to see you posting more often.

To the op:
I've been diving Dania Beach almost every Monday night or Sunday evening up until the last cold front last week.
It's been really nice and flat, but it doesn't look like this weekend it will be like that. We've found the usual suspects out in force. And there's absolutely NO lobsters there :D so don't even try.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom