Norman (Gulfland) Wreck question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi all, I've recently stumbled upon Norman wreck videos. It looks like a great little site. Does anyone know if any local area dive shops allow discover scuba dives at this site? Discover Scuba dives go to max depth of 40ft, and if I remember correctly this site is about 35ft deep, almost 40., within that limit.

Thanks in advance for any answers/opinions.

Put a tape measure on the floor 0-60 ft is not a big deal

Hi all, I've recently stumbled upon Norman wreck videos. It looks like a great little site. Does anyone know if any local area dive shops allow discover scuba dives at this site? Discover Scuba dives go to max depth of 40ft, and if I remember correctly this site is about 35ft deep, almost 40., within that limit.

Thanks in advance for any answers/opinions.

The only shop that I’m aware of that will occasionally go there is Jupiter Dive Center (JDC). They don’t do it often. You may be able to call ahead and request it, or ask the captain on dove day.

It is a nice little site but the viz is rarely good. Typically 20 feet or less. I wouldn’t consider it a good discover scuba site.

thanks for the replies. The reason why I was asking was I wanted to know a good site Discover Scuba near Jupiter that occasionally has Goliath groupers. I know about Blue Heron Bridge but some people say they're quite rare there. there many YouTube videos at BHB with goliaths, though.

thanks for the replies. The reason why I was asking was I wanted to know a good site Discover Scuba near Jupiter that occasionally has Goliath groupers. I know about Blue Heron Bridge but some people say they're quite rare there. there many YouTube videos at BHB with goliaths, though.

It’s very unlikely the Gregory Norman would have any Goliaths on it, other than than one or two small juveniles.

To my knowledge there isn’t a dive site that reliably holds Goliaths during their late summer aggregation that is suitable for a discover scuba class. The high probably spots are all wrecks in the 60-100 foot range.

You may get lucky and see one at the BHB, but the bridge isn’t well known for Goliath sightings.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom