LBTS, Hibiscus St.,Sunday Morning 6/13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GrierHPharmD:
Hmmmmmmm. I'm just reeling in the possibilities of all that great, fantasy-fulfilling.........diving!

Grier,thanks for being my diving buddy today & yesterday. It was a beautiful day to dive, glad we did. Although it was a threesum you still had alot of psi left in ya, hope you have enough to finish painting. Have fun!! :wink:

scbababe:
Grier,thanks for being my diving buddy today & yesterday. It was a beautiful day to dive, glad we did. Although it was a threesum you still had alot of psi left in ya, hope you have enough to finish painting. Have fun!! :wink:
Wow, I've forgotten how beautiful it can be with the windy Spring we've had. Summer is finally here!

I still haven't see the eels return yet, though the nurse sharks are nearly back to full-force.

Sorry I had to run, I hope you all had as much fun as I did!

All I can say is that it was a great day and a great dive. Our group took our own sweet time getting ready (Hmmmm, is there a reason that I was the last one geared up?), so we missed getting in the water with Mike and Joe, and Marvel was flying to Bonaire later in the day, so she couldn't join us, but they were great hosts nonetheless. And to Jenny, Colin, Chris, Bill, Darrell and Vickie and Brian (hope I didn't leave anybody out), we're sorry that we missed you guys on the morning dive. Dana and Cherie, along with Angie and I, had a great swim from Hibiscus out to the first line, then north, almost to the pier.

Saw some great life, including a 4' nurse shark, a sharptail eel, a goldentail moray, a couple of squirrelfish, enough doctors and surgeons to fill a medical convention, lots of juvi forms, including a juvi sand diver. We also saw some nice hard corals (star coral? - I guess I need the other books in the Humann/Deloach set.) near the pier, and some wonderful ledge formations that I haven't encountered before.

On the way back, we encountered Dennis on the bottom, just chilling out in his yellow wetsuit with his camera.

The sea was clear, warm and flat. Great conditions for beach diving. And despite a few equipment problems (a lost weight bag) it was a great dive.

Many thanks to ScubaBabe - you're a great buddy. For the second day in a row, you've done everything right.

And to Dana and Cherie (both of whom will be on the board soon, I suspect), welcome to the East Coast and Florida Conch Divers.

You guys can dive with me any day.

And I still had time and energy left to finish painting my house (Yes, spending the afternoon indoors was pure hell after two wonderful days of diving and seeing such wonderful sea conditions.)

See you folks soon, I hope,
Grier

GrierHPharmD:
Our group took our own sweet time getting ready (Hmmmm, is there a reason that I was the last one geared up?), so we missed getting in the water with Mike and Joe...SNIP
lol it's a re-occurring theme, Grier! From my days up "north" in the real "South" however I recognize it as that undocumented time zone you'll find all over the Carolinas, Georgia and into Arkansas. Hmm what's it called again... "Dixie Standard Time" or DST I think. It generally runs between 45 minutes and 2 1/2 hours late... not to be confused with C-AST (Cuban-American Standard Time) which bears NO resemblance to time in this dimension whatsoever!

Yup, I think I switched time zones about the time those brain cells started coughing up blood...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom