LBTS dive in the next few days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's the best place to rent a tank on saturday morning nearby before we meet at 8:30 am. I'm not sure if i'll have enough time to take my tank for a visual on Friday and get it filled.

Renee - I have a tank for Saturday which I can fill up multiple times, but I won't have it filled up for sunday morning if we do the night dive on saturday. I'm also kind of paranoid about filling my tank anywhere but fill express and they are closed sunday. Do you know where I can fill my tank with air and keep it O2 clean as fill express does?

I still haven't taken the nitrox course, but might end up taking the $70 course Divers Direct offers before we go down to the keys (Buying a steel 100 hit my finances a little). However, if I study the materials (something I'm still good at since I still go to school) and you give the test and certify me, I much rather that.

Whmehlig - Depending on what kind of tank you want, steel vs. al, I know Scuba Schools on Oakland and A1A is open Sunday at 8:00. I don't know how much they charge but I'm guessing somewhere between $10-$15. Alternatively, I can rent a steel tank for you at fill express on saturday which opens at 7. They charge $15 for the rental. If you haven't doven with a steel tank, this might be a good opportunity to try one out. I did, loved it so much that I ended up buying one.

aabond:
I can rent a steel tank for you at fill express on saturday which opens at 7. They charge $15 for the rental. If you haven't doven with a steel tank, this might be a good opportunity to try one out. I did, loved it so much that I ended up buying one.

Cool aabond,

Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know for sure tomorrow, I have heard great things about steel. Most people prefer them over AL.

Andrew

aabond:
Renee - I have a tank for Saturday which I can fill up multiple times, but I won't have it filled up for sunday morning if we do the night dive on saturday. I'm also kind of paranoid about filling my tank anywhere but fill express and they are closed sunday. Do you know where I can fill my tank with air and keep it O2 clean as fill express does?

Don't have any suggestions for you but all my tanks were filled at Fill Express. So the loaner offer is still open.

I still haven't taken the nitrox course, but might end up taking the $70 course Divers Direct offers before we go down to the keys (Buying a steel 100 hit my finances a little). However, if I study the materials (something I'm still good at since I still go to school) and you give the test and certify me, I much rather that.

Let's talk about this. If you get the materials from me, study and be ready for the test the weekend of the 19th..... We can do the test and the NAUI required dives while in the keys. We'll discuss the cost. I'll give you a call.

aabond:
Whmehlig - Depending on what kind of tank you want, steel vs. al, I know Scuba Schools on Oakland and A1A is open Sunday at 8:00. I don't know how much they charge but I'm guessing somewhere between $10-$15. Alternatively, I can rent a steel tank for you at fill express on saturday which opens at 7. They charge $15 for the rental. If you haven't doven with a steel tank, this might be a good opportunity to try one out. I did, loved it so much that I ended up buying one.

So this "Scuba Schools" Do they do fills too?

Ok, so when are these dives again?
Saturday when?

Sunday when?

Chuck

Howard - Scuba schools does do fills, this is where Marvel fills her tank sometimes. I wouldn't be worried about filling it with nitrox because they use partial pressure and obviously the equipment has to be O2 clean. However Air is not necessarily so, which is why I'm a little hesistant about filling my tank anywhere else but fill express since I haven't taken my nitrox cert.

Renee - I may take you up on the loaner tank.

Chuck...

Saturday... It sounds like all day long.

We (Michelle and I) are doing a night dive hopefully around 7pm in the water, since we don't arrive until saturday afternoon.

Sunday I think it's at like 9AM (ish) depending on how long it takes us to fill our tanks (since michelle and I only have 1 tank each)

It does sound like a long saturday. I'll join you guys at night if the vis isn't horrible throughout the day.

howarde:
Saturday... It sounds like all day long.

We (Michelle and I) are doing a night dive hopefully around 7pm in the water, since we don't arrive until saturday afternoon.

Sunday I think it's at like 9AM (ish) depending on how long it takes us to fill our tanks (since michelle and I only have 1 tank each)

Thanks, now I'm not in the dark......no really.......our power finally came back on Tues (2 weeks after Wilma)..so I might skip the night dive, really don't want to see a flashlight for awhile.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom