LAX to Catalina Express?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sask

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am thinking of taking my daughter to Catalina in July. What is the most reasonable transportation from LAX to Catalina Express? Thanks.

There are several shuttles at LAX that can take you directly to either terminal (Long Beach or San Pedro). If you're adventurous enough you could take the Metro Rail (or whatever they call it) from LAX to downtown Long Beach which is reasonably close to the terminal there.

Thanks Bill, is either terminal better/worse or closer?

Stick with the shuttle, the red line ends at close to a mile from the boat dock. Ok walk if you don't have any gear to carry.

Thanks Bill, is either terminal better/worse or closer?

Either San Pedro or Long Beach will get you to Avalon. They are both pretty much the same but coming from LAX, I'd go to San Pedro.

Have fun diving Catalina!

Only 4 miles from LAX - a short taxi ride: Marina del Rey Catalina Flier.

Catalina Ferries

More convenient to LAX than San Pedro or Long Beach. Fewer boats, but if the schedule matches yours, why fight the traffic?

Long Beach has a much better schedule than either San Pedro or Marina del Rey, but jlyle is correct that the MDR boat is much closer to LAX.

If you're adventurous enough you could take the Metro Rail

Will an airline allow you to wear a bullet proof vest as a garment? If so, the train would be an option to consider!

Also, have you looking into flying to long Beach? LGB? Check Delta, Jet Blue, Express Jet Skywest, and Alaska.

Thanks for all your help. Can't fly anywhere except LAX, airline with the miles I have only goes there

Back
Top Bottom