Catalina Island trip video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ROUS

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'd always wanted to see a Garibaldi. I'd seen pictures of them, but had never seen one in real life. So, back in July, I flew to So Cal to spend a day diving Catalina Island. My goal was to find at least one little Garibaldi to film. But, as local divers will certainly know, they are plentiful and easily found.

My dive video channel

Excellent video John, and you sure are doing a lot of bucket list diving in a short period of time. Having the time and means to do that is priceless!

Excellent video John, and you sure are doing a lot of bucket list diving in a short period of time. Having the time and means to do that is priceless!

I'm blessed and extremely grateful. I wish the 20-year-old scuba-crazy kid that I was could see the places that I'm able to dive now. I never thought it was possible back then.

Glad you found the Garibaldi. FYI, I saw your initial graphic says the island is 50 miles offshore. It's actually - depending on where you go - 26 miles away along the lee side. The closest point to Angel's Gate (San Pedro Harbor exit) is actually Blue Cavern Point which is about 22+ miles away. Avalon and Arrow Point are both a shade under 26 miles.

Glad you found the Garibaldi. FYI, I saw your initial graphic says the island is 50 miles offshore.

Hi Ken. Thanks for watching it. I wanted to measure from LA, given that most people around the world will know where that is. Hopefully, I wasn't too far off. My goodness, it's a pretty place.

Back
Top Bottom