Lauderdale-by-the-sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ive takin a few people there and they all say the same thing "I've seen more cool stuff here than I've ever seen on a boat".
Parking is 1.00 per hour and you better get there early take allot of quarters with you. theres a dive shop right around the corner for fills. spearfishing is allowed though I wouldnt recommend it. youd have better luck off a boat. its great for getting some cool shots and just cruising the reef. Ocasionally you'll find a bug or two if you beat the other divers out.thers actually 4 reef lines the last being in 32 ft of water and about 3/4 of a mile out. The 3rd is a haig relief of brain corals and polyps and theres some large seafans as well. As you pass the reef the east side has some large undercuts and usually theres a big nurse shark there. Jennys right watch out for boaters they seem to be focused on the bikinis more than divers.If you dive it at night take a kyack with a constant light and stay close to it. This is a cool night dive too! Please pick up all the sinkers you find, we recently recovered 382.5 pounds of sinkers there. Have a great dive the pier is open but you can still dive stay 300 ft away from the pier and youll be ok. Theres 2 cannons from a spanish ship see if you can find them.
The cannons were placed there as an attraction. our site host a web cam of the area if you want to check on conditions. Usually theres always vis. To me 5 ft is good vis but some people need 25 if you are diving and theres 4 ft seas you better plan on swimming 1500 yrds for 12 ft vis. heres a hint on the cannons they are pointed at a hotel and they are not past the pier....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom