Lauderdale-by-the-sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pilot fish:
OK, OK, Ok, that's not really an answer. Sorry. We have all been around long enough,[Im assuming you have too, although you have not filled in any dive info], so we know that what a dive op will tell you they are going to do might be a tad different than what other divers on this board will tell you about a dive op and sites they usually go to. Divers on this board are very helpful in that regard and don't have an interest in any dive op so have little reason to give you false info.

They'll go to the wrecks that are close to the marina. Hopfully, they'll go to Tenneco Towers. I don't think they're going to lie to you but you might want to ask them about their policy of requiring a "redundant air source on all dives." If you want to read about the wrecks, get Ned Deloaches "Diving Guide to Underwater Florida." You can get it at LP but there's no guarantee you'll read it. Its fun to read about somewhere you're going so its good bang for the buck.

evad:
They'll go to the wrecks that are close to the marina. Hopfully, they'll go to Tenneco Towers. I don't think they're going to lie to you but you might want to ask them about their policy of requiring a "redundant air source on all dives." If you want to read about the wrecks, get Ned Deloaches "Diving Guide to Underwater Florida." You can get it at LP but there's no guarantee you'll read it. Its fun to read about somewhere you're going so its good bang for the buck.

Yes, tennaco towers was a site recommended to me. I think I ask about that on the phone and they go there a day I won't be there. Is that book available a good book store?

pilot fish:
Yes, tennaco towers was a site recommended to me. I think I ask about that on the phone and they go there a day I won't be there. Is that book available a good book store?

Leisure Pro is the only place I know of around here that has it. You might try an LDS.
The book is really well done, with maps and numbered sites/descriptions of each couple of miles of coast. But do you have a redundant air source? It would suck to find out about their policy at the dive site and not have one.

evad:
Leisure Pro is the only place I know of around here that has it. You might try an LDS.
The book is really well done, with maps and numbered sites/descriptions of each couple of miles of coast. But do you have a redundant air source? It would suck to find out about their policy at the dive site and not have one.

I'm sure I can get that at my LDS and if they don't have it they can order it. I will not be doing any penetration on teh wrecks, not trained for that, so redundant air source will not be an isssue for me.

Do you go to the LDS on 43 st and 9th?

pilot fish:
I'm sure I can get that at my LDS and if they don't have it they can order it. I will not be doing any penetration on teh wrecks, not trained for that, so redundant air source will not be an isssue for me.

From their website:

"Certification card, log book and an alternate air source is required on all dives."

You might want to check with them?

Do you go to the LDS on 43 st and 9th?

No. Too far north. I go to Village Divers on E4th and Stingray Divers on Grand St. in Brooklyn.

evad:
If you want to read about the wrecks, get Ned Deloaches "Diving Guide to Underwater Florida." You can get it at LP but there's no guarantee you'll read it. Its fun to read about somewhere you're going so its good bang for the buck.
Great book, like an AAA or FLA-USA directory, except for dive sites. FWIW, there is an 11th ed. now but I don't know what changes were made between that and the 10th ed., maybe just more current pricing and contact info? They both have the same cover. $13.97 from Amazon.

evad:
No. Too far north. I go to Village Divers on E4th and Stingray Divers on Grand St. in Brooklyn.

By alternative air source they mean octo, I'm sure.

Village Divers have no inventory of gear at all. Stinray is in Sheapshead Bay, right? You'd be better off going to Pan Aqua then all the way out to Bklyn.

StSomewhere:
Great book, like an AAA or FLA-USA directory, except for dive sites. FWIW, there is an 11th ed. now but I don't know what changes were made between that and the 10th ed., maybe just more current pricing and contact info? They both have the same cover. $13.97 from Amazon.

Hey, mine says $19.95. Its well worth it.

pilot fish:

If you're interexted in doing the Toweres, check out this dive op- they go there regularly & it's a terrific boat. Their schedule is posted: American Dream II

If you guys are going to be beach diving in LBTS, let me know- I happen to live there... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom