Lauderdale by the Sea Dive Reports 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I finally went to LBTS a couple weeks ago. I used to dive it all the time, but in recent years have found it to be a bit of hype and better sites with less people have been sought out. In years gone by, we used to dive the pier, so when it became (Again) diveable, I decided to take a chance on a dive there.
Not overly impressed. Maybe it was the time of year, the day (cloudy), visibility (15ft max), or other factors to be determined. Under the pier I was less impressed. I won't be rushing back to do it again, but like most things in life, it deserves another chance.

Attachments

• 1357 01 looking back.jpg
    1357 01 looking back.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 1357 03 atlantic brown carpet anemone.jpg
    1357 03 atlantic brown carpet anemone.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 1357 04 piling with fish.jpg
    1357 04 piling with fish.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 1357 06 roughhead blenny.jpg
    1357 06 roughhead blenny.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 1357 05 hairy blenny.jpg
    1357 05 hairy blenny.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 62
I finally went to LBTS a couple weeks ago. I used to dive it all the time, but in recent years have found it to be a bit of hype and better sites with less people have been sought out. In years gone by, we used to dive the pier, so when it became (Again) diveable, I decided to take a chance on a dive there.
Not overly impressed. Maybe it was the time of year, the day (cloudy), visibility (15ft max), or other factors to be determined. Under the pier I was less impressed. I won't be rushing back to do it again, but like most things in life, it deserves another chance.
I didn't even post any pics from the dive. I still enjoyed the company.

The company was good. Brekky was fun. Diving was OK..

great suggestions :thumb:
and maybe some good places to chow near LBTS >?

I suggest Alexsandra's for amazing Jamaican pies. Cheap and the staff are incredible. I can also recommend Billy Jack's Shack. They have great beer and darn good grub.

If you are diving in LBTS and need anything at all for your dives, I suggest you visit Aqui Watersports. I worked there and the shop is top notch. @LandonL is one of the owners of the shop, you might know him from Deep 6. I can't recommend them enough. The other owner is Ryan, he talks..A LOT...but he means well. 😂

I suggest Alexsandra's for amazing Jamaican pies. Cheap and the staff are incredible. I can also recommend Billy Jack's Shack. They have great beer and darn good grub.

If you are diving in LBTS and need anything at all for your dives, I suggest you visit Aqui Watersports. I worked there and the shop is top notch. @LandonL is one of the owners of the shop, you might know him from Deep 6. I can't recommend them enough. The other owner is Ryan, he talks..A LOT...but he means well. 😂
thank you for the suggestions,, will give them a try

I'm not beach diving this weekend. Tomorrow the wind is supposed to switch and the seas lay down, but viz wil suck. Been blowing for a few days. Needs a couple days to clear up.

Went to LBTS Sunday 06/04/23 for diving. I guess the earlier morning rain storms scared off the majority of divers because there was plenty of parking, and only one other person there when I arrived at 0745. Rain had passed and there was little wind. I geared up an entered at 0815. Visibility was similar to the day before down on the Erojacks, about 30ft with a green tinge. In water of a depth greater than 15ft it easy to see a fresh water layer sitting on top of saltwater, visibility in the fresh water layer is not good. Sea temp at 82f. Meandered over the first reef heading north. Then turned right and stayed under the pier for a while. School of Bigeye Scad, and another mixed school of Lookdowns and Moofish. I did not observe any of the Irish Pompano and did not see any Tarpon. There were very few Barracuda present as well. I left the pier behind and headed out to the second reef. There was no current. Observed one Tarpon. Headed south to landmark directly east of Datura Avenue, and headed west towards the beach. Length of dive was 165 minutes. Respectively, First Reef, Giant Anemone, Juvenile Queen Angelfish, Lookdowns, Orange Filefish, First Reef Video, Second Reef Video, and Lookdowns.

06-04-23 First Reef.jpg
06-04-23 Giant Anemone.jpg
06-04-23 Juvenile Queen Angelfish.jpg
06-04-23 Lookdowns (2).jpg
06-04-23 Orange Filefish.jpeg

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom