Latest on Cozumel and Hurricane Emily

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just caught this photo on the Yahoo news page of tourists in a shelter in Cancun following the storm. Oogh. I really hope things are back to normal now. What an ordeal.

Unless they have moved, Scuba Du is at El Presidente.

ET

Machiavelli:
Any news from Scuba-Du at El Cozumeleno? I was trying to get in touch with them to make reservations for the middle of August but they never got back to me, then the hurricane hit. I'm curious to know if they made it through.

The Fujet rep I just spoke to says the free ferry rides are only for those who booked complete vacations through them. Not if you just booked air only. :(

DallasNewbie:
The Fujet rep I just spoke to says the free ferry rides are only for those who booked complete vacations through them. Not if you just booked air only. :(

Interesting spelling. I think you may have something there :crafty:

I'm going to Coz in mid-August and was wondering how the reefs fared. Glad to read your post that things are looking good. I guess the constant currents wipe away the silt and restore the vis pretty fast. Have you tried Palencar caves or Punta Sur or Columbia wall yet?

ET

resqsqurt:
OK, Guys. Christi isn't kidding. We dove on Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday was Columbia Shallows and Tormentos. Viz wasn't very good and seas were a little choppy, BUT...Wednesday was GREAT!!! We went to Santa Rosa Wall and the Wreck. Viz was back up and conditions were better. The reefs had a little extra sand on them, but other than that, everything looked great. There didn't appear to be any major damage to anything. Anyone who is planning a trip, I'd say go ahead and go if your resort or hotel is open.

We rode out the storm down there as well, but others have pretty much covered all of the basics. If anyone has any questions I can answer, please let me know. I know Christi can pretty much answer anything you ask, but at least this would be the tourist point of view...

BTW-Anyone going down there today, we left a bunch of bottled water in Room 207 at the Barracuda. If someone else hasn't taken it, you are welcome to it. :)

I'll try to post more info tomorrow as it's really late here and I'm going to bed...

If you don't like the way Funjet/Mark Travel Corp is doing in regards to Cozumel make your voice heard send an email or letter to their PR Rep!

Funjet Travel
The Mark Travel Corporation
8907 N. Port Washington Rd.
Milwaukee, WI 53217
(414) 228-7472
Media Inquiries:
Holly Botsford
(414) 934-1286
hbotsford@marktravel.com

Wow this thread is really really long!!

Does anyone know what hotels are closed at this time in Coz? I hoping to go there on short notice, the 30th is when I want to leave. We are hoping to stay at the Cozumel palace, Allegero or the El Presedente, does anyone know if they are closed?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom