Latest on Cozumel and Hurricane Emily

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got off the phone with Expedia. They told me that the information line with Funjet has flights resuming 1 August. Still trying to confirm directly with Funjet.

Confirmed. Funjet charter flights operating from 2 August (forward) are still a go.

Funjet: 1-888-558-6654 Press 3. Press 2.

I just cld the # above...ALL FLIGHTS ARE SUSPENEDED UNTIL SEPT 30TH OUT OF DFW.......

All charter flights with FunJet and Adventure Tours are cancelled through September 30. This has been the worst news yet for Cozumel and the tourists. I feel really bad for the people of Cozumel. It will be very difficult for them to recover, but I have no doubt they will.

Hi All,

WOW!!! I booked a Non Stop Flight from Chicago to Cozumel departing on November 12th and returning on November 19th. I booked the flight yesterday (July 20th). When I booked the flight on line (direct through United's website) I was able to pick our seats and there were still lots of seats available. Today when I checked/confirmed our reservations the flight is SOLD OUT!!!

Glad I got it booked when I did! Looks like people that lost their travel plans due to the hurricane are re-booking quickly!

Michelle & Rick

It is sad how many people are cancelling. Originally, my flights into/out of Cozumel this next week were almost sold out. When I checked today, the seat maps are showing about 1/4 empty. Entire blocks of the plane are now empty. :(

Debraw:
All flights with FunJet and Adventure Tours are cancelled through September 30. This has been the worst news yet for Cozumel and the tourists. I feel really bad for the people of Cozumel. It will be very difficult for them to recover, but I have no doubt they will.

I think that although it's bad that FunJet and Adventure have cancelled their flights...people will still to come to Cozumel...we all love it too much to stay away. Many people don't use those companies. I did some searching on Travelocity and Expedia and they have plenty of flights going to Cozumel in August and September.

Let's hope that people will head to other sites besides FunJet, Apple and Adventure Tours!

Can't wait to get back (we leave Novemeber 12th!).
Michelle & Rick

Well we have had a day with our travel agent. We are booked through Worry Free, had to move hotels, but she worked it all out and I must say in the end pretty fair. As of right now no problem with our flight to Coz on Sunday. Staying now at Playa Azul. I do not think I will breathe until we are on the plane.

If scheduled carrier's flights start selling out, don't be surprised if FunJet, Adventure Tours and the likes suddenly start their charters up again. Hmm, maybe we'll start seeing a few more scheduled carrier offering non-stop flights to Coz if the charters are out of the game?

Back
Top Bottom