Latest entry requirement to Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My first application was rejected yesterday. I resubmitted yesterday without any change and it was approved. Faster than expected.

Attachments

• BC362D24-572A-465E-A3B7-3AF8E5FCEFBD.jpeg
    BC362D24-572A-465E-A3B7-3AF8E5FCEFBD.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 35
have my Covid cert and QR code but not the complete form with passport number (I have five passports with the same identity :cool: that I use depending on the circumstances so what if the number on the COVID certificate and the passport I hold don't match?) and that my invoice was not valid because the RT-PCR number proof of payment is on another invoice. I could only provide one invoice. Easy, isn't it? The treatment process takes between 2 and 7 days so I am not even sure that I will make it on time.
You should be so lucky. All my passports have a different Identity in them. So Taiwanese need a visa for Philippines. Of course I have a Taiwan passport with only my Chinese name in it. My Taiwan vaccine card has my name written in Chinese characters only. I emailed the Philippines office in Taiwan and explained I also have a passport from a country with VOA and they said as long as my name in English from that passport is on my vaccine card I will be allowed entry. Good thing is my vaccine card the English name was left blank for me to fill in so I added my name in English from one of my other passports. Finally Philippines dropped Taiwanese from having to do quarantine as they did not recognize Taiwan vaccine cards until this month.

Before in my Taiwan passport I had my Chinese name and another name from one of my other passport countries. This was fine most of the time but Belgium officials went apoplectic at their immigration counter telling me it was illegal to have different identities in the same passport. They did not like that at all. I simply replied it's not illegal in Taiwan lol.

Before in my Taiwan passport I had my Chinese name and another name from one of my other passport countries. This was fine most of the time but Belgium officials went apoplectic at their immigration counter telling me it was illegal to have different identities in the same passport. They did not like that at all. I simply replied it's not illegal in Taiwan lol.
LOL.
You are in Belgium not in Republic of China.
Different laws! Don't you know?

I do not believe the PCR test and the first night at SHA+ hotel are causing too much inconvenience to the would be tourist. Most of them would have to spend the first day or two or even more after first arrival before moving on to other places.
It is the Thailand Pass. And the confusing "Test & Go" and "Sandbox" does not help either. Scrap both of them.

Thailand Pass is still required?

Thailand Pass is still required?
It is, but as I understand it it now serves only as proof of vaccination + insurance.

It is, but as I understand it it now serves only as proof of vaccination + insurance.
Highly unlikely many people will forge a fake vaccination record.
Have all arrivals to take Antigen test at their own expenses at the airport,
Mandate all tourists to buy Covid insurance issued by Thai company( kill two birds with one stone).
Thailand Pass serves no real purpose and it is time consuming to apply.

I got a Thailand Pass not two weeks ago, and it wasn't time consuming at all - and that included a test & go reservation via agoda, which is not needed anymore. As it is now (well, now starting with May 1st) it just streamlines the process at the airport. According to the new rules, you don't need to test at all unless you show symptoms - buy a flight ticket, buy travel insurance, upload your vaccine card + insurance to Thailand Pass Registration System (for air travel only) and you're good to go. My application was processed overnight.

I got a Thailand Pass not two weeks ago, and it wasn't time consuming at all - and that included a test & go reservation via agoda, which is not needed anymore. As it is now (well, now starting with May 1st) it just streamlines the process at the airport. According to the new rules, you don't need to test at all unless you show symptoms - buy a flight ticket, buy travel insurance, upload your vaccine card + insurance to Thailand Pass Registration System (for air travel only) and you're good to go. My application was processed overnight.
It was not the case just couple of wks ago.
The new system is a lot simple but is it really necessary?

Back
Top Bottom