Latest entry requirement to Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We(HK) are still imported cases from fully vaccinated + negative PCR(done within 48 hrs from the last direct flight to HK) persons on arrival.
From the point of view of the world that isn't China... big whoop. Nobody really cares anymore. Thailand Pass is basically there to verify that you have medical insurance to pay for your treatment if you get sick, and there's talk of scrapping it altogether starting from June 1st.

From the point of view of the world that isn't China... big whoop. Nobody really cares anymore. Thailand Pass is basically there to verify that you have medical insurance to pay for your treatment if you get sick, and there's talk of scrapping it altogether starting from June 1st.

I am not suggesting anyone visiting HK.
I do not mind a bit on our tough policy, it has more or less stopped those across our border to come over.

About time to scrap all those unnecessary step to go to Thailand.

Oh no... are people going to complain about the ~$10 USD fee for foreigners?

If it was just for maintaining tourism, that's fine. Adding the insurance component is unnecessary and probably too complicated.

I do not think tourist would mine paying $08.00(B300.00) for whatever reason eg. airport development!
But why pass it on to the airline to do the collection?
I looked at my used e-ticket and the breakdown of the fare is ridiculous.

I do not think tourist would mine paying $08.00(B300.00) for whatever reason eg. airport development!
But why pass it on to the airline to do the collection?
I looked at my used e-ticket and the breakdown of the fare is ridiculous.

I prefer it taken in the ticket than upon landing, like when it was done in Indonesia. There was so much confusion for people... paid in USD on the way in, IDR on the way out.

Making exemptions makes it more complicated for the airline to implement, as they need to check documentation, but they do that anyway, but it must be collected, and records sent 15 min after flight taking off, is demanding.

From the article that I quoted, one of the airline was not thrilled with the idea. The comment for that link is typical from the expats living on Phuket
Thailand also has different policy towards certain nationals ie. either already have visa or pay VOA eg china and India. Indonesia was the same, there was exemption(VOA) towards certain nationals, until they scrapped it few yrs ago. I have no idea if the latest VOA in Indonesia is for every nation or not.

The new tax covers the insurance for the tourist! With the mere cost of B300(US$08.00)? How many insurance would tourist requires?

Making exemptions makes it more complicated for everyone.

It should apply to foreign tourist as well.
If Thailand wants tourist then they ought to treat them equally. Otherwise it will cause resentment among would be interested party.
Treat tourist fair and square. Peak travelling period from Europe soon.

For what it's worth, I landed in Bangkok yesterday, and the B777 from Abu Dhabi was completely full, didn't see a single empty seat. Half the plane got off in Phuket though.

Back
Top Bottom