Latest entry requirement to Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hat Yai (Ko Lipe), Chumphon (Koh Tao)
What happens if you take the airport transfer ride with Hua Hin Cab to Hua Hin train station then the train from there to Chumphon? Other than $ of course?

Yeesh. Was it that important for you to get back to Bangkok that you couldn't book for a few days ahead and stay in Surat Thani until then instead of putting yourself through that?
It was, yes - I had miscalculated the time I would be getting off a liveaboard in Khao Lak and ended up being too late to catch an evening bus. And I can attest to that train getting cold at night - I ended up layering on most of my spare clothing, and was giving a serious consideration to the wetsuit. On the other hand, the toilets were a marked step up from my memories of train toilets during my childhood in USSR/Russia.

What happens if you take the airport transfer ride with Hua Hin Cab to Hua Hin train station then the train from there to Chumphon? Other than $ of course?
The free airline limousine (I now slum it in business class) only takes me within 50ml of the airport.

Might as well go all the way by taxi.

I buckled and bought the combo bus / ferry ticket from Lomprayah. Trying to manage the train / cab / ferry connections through Chumphon just seemed stressful and risky. I have no desire to waste a day in Chumphon.

I buckled and bought the combo bus / ferry ticket from Lomprayah. Trying to manage the train / cab / ferry connections through Chumphon just seemed stressful and risky. I have no desire to waste a day in Chumphon.
I caught the overnight bus/ferry last time. Worked better than the early morning (06:00] start from BKK.

Bus is generally better than the train because of its directness, frequency and schedule. However, train is a lot more comfortable if it is an overnight one. The blanket on the sleeper is extremely useful.
Book the berth well in advance.

I believe #167 is departing from the new terminal instead of Hua Lamphong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom