Latest entry requirement to Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was in Koh Tao first two week of June.

Travelled Bangkok to Koh Tao on the overnight bus/ferry. Stayed at the Montra Resort and dived with DJL. Only because I was to lazy to work to Master Divers, but next time I’ll be back with MD. DJL we’re not quite up to MS briefing and safety protocols.

Travelled Bangkok to Koh Tao on the overnight bus/ferry. Stayed at the Montra Resort and dived with DJL. Only because I was to lazy to work to Master Divers, but next time I’ll be back with MD. DJL we’re not quite up to MS briefing and safety protocols.
I have also heard they are not the most diligent about their schedule, either. I will let you all know how my experience is with MD when I get back.

When I was there the wind was over 20 knots from the West most of the time. Which meant the boats were moored on the island's East side. Still got 26 dives in, could have done more, but decided to have a few lazy days.

We did get out to South West Rock (first time in 10 years), but only managed Champon Pinnical once (first dive). We, the customers, rejected Shark Rock after one visit – Too much current for fun diving.

I remembered the DM at Master Divers always carried an extra 6L tank on deep dive eg Sail Rock.

Update for you. Flew into BKK mid/late July. Immigration only took about 30-40 minutes bc I went to the loo and ended up in the back of the line on a packed flight.

E-Visa is recommended but not necessary as you can just get stamped in as you arrive. There are no COVID requirements or mask mandates outside of government buildings.

If it’s your first time download Grab and link your credit card to it. Use that as Uber/Uber Eats

Update for you. Flew into BKK mid/late July. Immigration only took about 30-40 minutes bc I went to the loo and ended up in the back of the line on a packed flight.

E-Visa is recommended but not necessary as you can just get stamped in as you arrive. There are no COVID requirements or mask mandates outside of government buildings.

If it’s your first time download Grab and link your credit card to it. Use that as Uber/Uber Eats
Thank you. I'm all set with Grab. I noticed in a lot of videos that people pay for stuff (even at the open markets) with a phone app by scanning a QR code. Is that something I can do as a foreigner? How?

Nevermind. Probably should have just googled that before I asked.

Thank you. I'm all set with Grab. I noticed in a lot of videos that people pay for stuff (even at the open markets) with a phone app by scanning a QR code. Is that something I can do as a foreigner? How?

Nevermind. Probably should have just googled that before I asked.
No. You need a Thai bank account for that.

Linking your credit card to Grab is the closest you’re going to get.

2/3 of places take cards in the more built up areas, however cash is always king. If you have a visa debit it will probably work at Bangkok Bank atm’s and be hit or miss with others

No. You need a Thai bank account for that.

Linking your credit card to Grab is the closest you’re going to get.

2/3 of places take cards in the more built up areas, however cash is always king. If you have a visa debit it will probably work at Bangkok Bank atm’s and be hit or miss with others
Thank you. I'm bringing the "I just stabbed a guy in a bar and we need to leave NOW!" wad of US dollars. Figured I would exchange a couple bucks in the airport for cab and stuff and then change the rest near Kaoson Road. We are leaving early the next day on Lomprayah Bus for Kho Tao. What kind of exchange rate should I look for? Any suggestion for better exchange centers?

Thank you. I'm bringing the "I just stabbed a guy in a bar and we need to leave NOW!" wad of US dollars. Figured I would exchange a couple bucks in the airport for cab and stuff and then change the rest near Kaoson Road. We are leaving early the next day on Lomprayah Bus for Kho Tao. What kind of exchange rate should I look for? Any suggestion for better exchange centers?
Exchange rate oughta be ~.33-.35.

I exchanged a couple hundred bucks in the airport. The rate was a little steep but not egregious. When in doubt use a bank or a western Union. Most banks will let you exchange if you present your passport with valid visa

Lean on Grab. It’s WAY easier than haggling w taxi drivers

Exchange rate oughta be ~.33-.35.

I exchanged a couple hundred bucks in the airport. The rate was a little steep but not egregious. When in doubt use a bank or a western Union. Most banks will let you exchange if you present your passport with valid visa

Lean on Grab. It’s WAY easier than haggling w taxi drivers
Thank you. I've downloaded Grab and set it up. I totally agree about the haggling. At first we were like, "oh, lets do the nomad thing and take public transportation" and then I realized I work my ass off and can afford to take car service. Soooo much less stressful.

Thank you for the heads up on the exchange rate. Now I just have to find a bank open on Sunday near Kaoson.

Back
Top Bottom