Latest entry requirement to Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hmm, so it sounds like i should bring a snack, either way. man, I can't wait until August.

Some countries simply do not have passport control for departing passengers.They are glad you are leaving especially overstayers.

I would imagine there would be a lot of nervous departing passengers if it took 2hrs to clear immigration. I normally arrive 3hrs before schedule departure but the margin is still too small for comfort.

Which nations don't? Since how would they know if your coming or going without looking at your passport?
I only said DEPARTING.
Plenty eg Canada, UK and most countries in EU. Have you been to any of those?
Entry is completely different story.
And I suspect USA as well but my last visit was about 20yrs ago.

I can confirm that USA, at present, does not have departure passport control (I left there not two weeks ago). Pretty sure UK does, but it's been over a decade since last I visited. Thailand definitely has it, usually it's pretty quick, but last time I flew out, it took a couple hours - the line stretched all the way through security and into the departures hall.

Just an update. I was just in Bangkok couple days ago. Took me a whole 5min to clear customs and another 5min to get on the MRT/BTS (I didn’t have a checked bag, carry on only). No vaccination check required, not special paper work, no questions asked.

Also mask are not required anymore, but I would say 90% of people are still wearing them. Mostly just tourist that are not.
I arrived into Phuket and immigration took about 40 min for me due to the number of non-Thai residents. Came in about 5pm. I left through Bangkok (BKK) and lines were short.

I noticed that locals in Phuket and Ranong were about 10% mask wearing. But in Bangkok, about 70% were wearing masks, and 95% on the MRT/BTS. That being said, I started wearing my N95 just because of the poor air quality due to field burning season. Air quality was bad in Bangkok.

One... More... Week...

Just reserved with Master Divers for my own dives and my daughter's Bubblemaker. Thanks to @Centrals for the recommendation and the rest of you for all you help in choosing.

Back
Top Bottom