Latest entry requirement to Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Qatar are being realistic in accepting the requirements of the final destination. For me that’s the U.K. where the wearing of masks and social distancing have been dropped. I’ve had 3 jibs from the NHS (and qualify for my forth next month)
Passengers are still infected even possessed with the latest -ve PCR test result.
For me, Etihad's policy is better for the passenger albeit more inconvenience and expensive. At least the passengers have to get themselves tested before boarding the flight since the virus has long incubation period.
Different country has different entry requirement. No right or wrong.

This thread started last year so my experience could possibly be useful for others. I plan to go diving in Thailand on April 10th and one of my local friends told me that getting there was quick and easy for fully vaccinated people even though rules were changing all the time. It is not quick and easy. I have never gone through such a cumbersome process. First, I booked the hotel 2 weeks ago even though I don't need a hotel as I will be sailing. But I need it for the first night where I will stay until the on-arrival PCR test is negative. Then, I needed a Covid specific insurance. I am pretty sure that I am covered but I assumed that it would be difficult to prove locally so I paid 20 USD for the one on the Thai travel website. Then, I needed a Thailand Pass. The process could not be more poorly designed. You need a RT-PCR number provided by the hotel. In my case, they charged the hotel and the RT PCR separately and after having wasted 30 minutes on the Thailand Pass website providing a ton of information, I realized that I could not submit my application because I have my Covid cert and QR code but not the complete form with passport number (I have five passports with the same identity :cool: that I use depending on the circumstances so what if the number on the COVID certificate and the passport I hold don't match?) and that my invoice was not valid because the RT-PCR number proof of payment is on another invoice. I could only provide one invoice. Easy, isn't it? The treatment process takes between 2 and 7 days so I am not even sure that I will make it on time.

This thread started last year so my experience could possibly be useful for others. I plan to go diving in Thailand on April 10th and one of my local friends told me that getting there was quick and easy for fully vaccinated people even though rules were changing all the time. It is not quick and easy. I have never gone through such a cumbersome process. First, I booked the hotel 2 weeks ago even though I don't need a hotel as I will be sailing. But I need it for the first night where I will stay until the on-arrival PCR test is negative. Then, I needed a Covid specific insurance. I am pretty sure that I am covered but I assumed that it would be difficult to prove locally so I paid 20 USD for the one on the Thai travel website. Then, I needed a Thailand Pass. The process could not be more poorly designed. You need a RT-PCR number provided by the hotel. In my case, they charged the hotel and the RT PCR separately and after having wasted 30 minutes on the Thailand Pass website providing a ton of information, I realized that I could not submit my application because I have my Covid cert and QR code but not the complete form with passport number (I have five passports with the same identity :cool: that I use depending on the circumstances so what if the number on the COVID certificate and the passport I hold don't match?) and that my invoice was not valid because the RT-PCR number proof of payment is on another invoice. I could only provide one invoice. Easy, isn't it? The treatment process takes between 2 and 7 days so I am not even sure that I will make it on time.
I decided Thailand wasn’t worth the trouble, so went to the Philippines. No quarantine, PCR 72 hour before boarding first flight of three, the Filipino 1st Health Pass just needed something in each field then one was issued immediately. Sailed through immigration and customs as no visa required.
The way Thailand is acting, I’ll be going back to the Philippines again later this year.

Test & Go and Sandbox. Why two systems?

A lot easier.
No test required on arrival and even accepted antigen result(done within 24hrs from arrival, much cheaper option).

No contest.

Test & Go and Sandbox. Why two systems?

A lot easier.
No test required on arrival and even accepted antigen result(done within 24hrs from arrival, much cheaper option).

No contest.
I did quite some digging just to understand the point of Sandbox. I am still not sure there is one. I guess that they must have paid a fortune to very bad consultants.

The system isn't perfect, but your situation seems attributable only to your 5 passports.

The system isn't perfect, but your situation seems attributable only to your 5 passports.
Not only. My RT-PCR number is not on my hotel invoice and my French Covid vaccine certificate does not mention any passport number. So I sent an email to the hotel. Still waiting for a reply. I just called. The accountant was not there yet. I was told to call in one hour. It is 9:00 AM there but 03:00 AM :( where I currently am in Brazzaville. Hopefully, I will be able to submit before the end of the day and not have the application rejected.

I did quite some digging just to understand the point of Sandbox. I am still not sure there is one. I guess that they must have paid a fortune to very bad consultants.
This is what I know(could be wrong).

"Sandbox" was first introduced to Phuket only as a test run for the eventually opening of the country.
"Test & Go" was introduced later.
This scheme + "Sandbox, except Phuket) were suspended because of the surge of infection.
Thailand: "Test & Go" and "Sandbox" travel scheme suspended since 22 December - Der-Reisemanager.com

I believe the restriction was lifted from 1st Mar and further eased from 01st Apr.
No idea why persisted with two slightly difference entry requirement.

Back
Top Bottom