Latest entry requirement to Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting, I was at that wreck on December 21st and it was totally boring. 3-5m visibility, no corals, no fish to speak of, and the wreck was completely stripped of anything before it was sunk, only thing left is a bare hull.
The fish must have adapted! Everything else is true to your description, and usually I'm a pretty corals kind of girl, but from the second we dropped down my breath was taken away. I have been extremely impressed with Phuket's marine biomass so far, esp the massive bait balls, but this one takes the cake even without any corals. Imagine being in a cloud of baby barracuda frantically hunting, and you're their bait.

Reactions: Dan
@Dan are you going South at all? We were at this new wreck, I think around Koh Ma or something like that, near Koh Haa, sunk last December. no corals yet but SO MUCH FISH. SO ELECTRIFYING. that's what I'd call a high voltage dive. fish buzzing around like a large, dense swamp of bees.
No. We are heading out to Similan tomorrow.

That new wreck site sounds great! Good to know for next time. Thanks for letting me know.

We Covid-19 tested everyone onboard, including myself before sailing tomorrow. Everyone’s swab test result is negative. So we are good to go.

90BE254B-BF30-40F2-8093-678DEEC74622.jpeg

The fish must have adapted! Everything else is true to your description, and usually I'm a pretty corals kind of girl, but from the second we dropped down my breath was taken away. I have been extremely impressed with Phuket's marine biomass so far, esp the massive bait balls, but this one takes the cake even without any corals. Imagine being in a cloud of baby barracuda frantically hunting, and you're their bait.
Did you video the dive?

Now you've got my interest piqued... was that on a day trip or a liveaboard?
LOB. Gentle Giant. DMs a bit clueless and annoying but the boat and crew are both amazing.

Did you video the dive?
I wish I did! You wouldn't be able to see anything except fish ZOOMING left and right. They were HUNTING, not leisurely moving around or grazing, but aggressively hunting. It was SO WEIRD. I haven't seen such insane density outside of the most unethical tanks in the fish market!

I'm back in Phuket, did two 80-mins dives with Aloha Divers on their own private boat. Two instructors, two divers. We could stay for as long as NDL and air allow. It was amazeballs. I usually only start to fully relax and get "in the zone" around 40 mins. Usually that's the end of the dive, but today, I had a whole entire second half of the dive to just relax. Highly recommend these guys.

I heard some tourists tested positive at the airport and were taken to hotel quarantine for 7 days before they could leave Thailand.

Back
Top Bottom