Landlocked Texan ready to drive East!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you guys do decide to put a trip together and make the Florida Springs your choice, the best bet may be to go in together and rent one of the house that dive shops rent down there. When my group gets together and heads down, we rent a house from Wayne at Amigos. Last time I checked he had 2 houses in Ft. White that were just down the street from his dive shop and ran 25 bucks a night per person. The one we stay at has a large carport, deck, grill, and sleeps 5 or 6.

If I ever do decide to do the Florida Springs I really like the idea of renting a house. The hard part is that Fort Lauderdale or The Keys are far enough I'd fly there and Pensacola is just close enough to drive. Florida Springs is too far to drive and I'm not sure if I'd want to fly there.

Personally after driving all that far I would just add 4-5 hours and go dive south florida. Maybe hit the West palm/Jupiter area coming and going to the Keys

I'd just fly to south Florida. Pensacola is probably the farthest I'd want to drive. With breaks it would be around 12 hours to get to Pensacola

Personally after driving all that far I would just add 4-5 hours and go dive south florida. Maybe hit the West palm/Jupiter area coming and going to the Keys

I'm wanting to go to the Pensacola, Fl. area... Key West is another 12-13 hrs. of driving EACH WAY!

I'm wanting to go to the Pensacola, Fl. area... Key West is another 12-13 hrs. of driving EACH WAY!

The question is, is the extra 12-13 hours worth the drive? I think it probably is, after you've explored all of the Florida panhandle sites such as the Oriskany.
Jim

I.. Key West is another 12-13 hrs. of driving EACH WAY!

Don't have to drive to Key West. Stop over in West Palm/Jupiter for some drift diving. Go to Key Largo area. Cuts a couple hours off.
To me springs are nice but they are like fresh water swimming pools. Take the ocean and reefs anyday.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom