Lamont Passes 3,000 Posts!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Isn't that your stage name?

catherine96821:
How many grades did they make you skip in elementary, Lamont?

I was a year ahead in elementary school. I was in the 'gifted' program there, I don't really recall much of that -- other than one time the gifted teacher gave me a math test (and watched me like a hawk during it) and called my parents and got very concerned about the fact that I didn't have multiplication tables like 6x7, 7x7, 7x8 and 8x8 memorized and i did sequential addition to get the numbers. My memory has always sucked and I knew damn well how multiplication worked... In 6th grade I took 7th grade science at the jr. high. In 7th grade I was doing 9th grade math and in 8th grade they skipped me to 9th grade science and 10th grade math. IIRC, i got done with calculus in my jr year in high school and then I took 1st quarter freshman physics and calc at ohio state. All this was done going to high school in Kodiak, AK where they had no advanced placement classes before I was there, so I think I also deserve some bonus points for that...

You asked...

dherbman:
I need to go back through Lamont's posts and leech them for info. For a genius, he does a great job of breaking it down for us simple folk. Think how far he could have gone if only he hadn't posted in MOF ...

I still need to get a picture of me on a blue^H^H^H^Hgreen water stop with MOF...

I came in second in a spelling bee, once, in second grade.

Diver Dennis:
So Lamont, when do you plan to get your OW? :wink:

yeah, i really should get certified... if only they'd fix the board...

catherine96821:
nobody wants to take a stab at Lamonts IQ?

we could start a pool

I only recall having taken an IQ test once. My step-sis and step-bro also got tested. My parents wouldn't tell us our scores...

I test rediculously well. I often game tests and figure out tactics for taking them better. I would routinely get 98th and 99th percentiles on all those stupid standardized tests they had you take in high school. I scored at least 3 standard deviations above the mean on a college-level chemistry exam compared to students that had been through first-year chem, when I was a junior in high school and got the only A+ my science teacher had ever given out...

I can't learn a damn foreign language to save my life, though. The grammer and structure I can learn easy. Its memorizing lists of nouns and verbs that I simply can't do...

Now Jon Stewart and the Colbert Report are calling me from my tivo...

Back
Top Bottom