Lamont Passes 3,000 Posts!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lamont:
you know the problem with me going back to school, polishing off the last couple quarters of my graduate degree and continuing on with my education, is that what i would like to study would be loop quantum gravity, and that's just not going to get me anywhere. i could always go back and just get a master's in physics and fly enough under the radar that i could do it for myself, but ultimately i'd hit the reality that what i wanted to learn was not currently politically correct...

....What?

lamont:
i'd place bets its someone who has posted in the past 50 posts on the MOFNMOF thread....

Some of those folks are over 15,000 posts.

Diver Dennis:
Some of those folks are over 15,000 posts.

scubajennifer is at 16,347. i went through all the top posters on the current MOFNMOF and looked at their post count and she won. either she's got the top or whoever has it hasn't been posting to that thread recently...

we will soon see if post count is a 16-bit signed value or not...

lamont:
scubajennifer is at 16,347. i went through all the top posters on the current MOFNMOF and looked at their post count and she won. either she's got the top or whoever has it hasn't been posting to that thread recently...

we will soon see if post count is a 16-bit signed value or not...

That would be at 32k ... as opposed to 65k ?

ftcbob:
That would be at 32k ... as opposed to 65k ?

yeah, the range [-16384, 16383] fits in 16-bits if you've got a signed 16-bit int. otherwise you get the range [0,65535] in 16-bits if its unsigned.

My brain is explodicated. I doubt more and more often if becoming a biologist is something i can stomach. Maybe I'm just highly allergic to math and physics?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom