Lakewood, New Jersey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

daval

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll be down in the Lakewood & Point Pleasant Beach in New Jersey area on the weekend of July 30 - August 2nd

On at least one of these days (probably the 1st or 2nd) my buddy and I would like to do a two tank dive somewhere in the vicinity. We would need to stay at recreational depths.

Any advice regarding shore and boat diving in this area would be appreciated.

Daval

....Try the inlets... (EVERYTHING is close by in Jersey)... I like the Barnegat Inlet north side.... For info check these sites: www.njscuba.net and www.njscuba.com

i like to dive shark river inlet.in under the bridge and around the jetty. back up on the beach. it's close and relatively easy.(watch for hooks) i go out of barnegat on the P.K. II and i always check out the north side and it always looks like the surf is ripping! i've heard this is a decent dive but it looks like an *** kicking waiting to happen. what's the story there? it's a shame you can't do the barnegat (south) side. i've seen some really clear water there at times. the inside of the north jetty is huge and looks really diveable but it's off-limits.i've always thought that sucked!

phillybob:
i like to dive shark river inlet.in under the bridge and around the jetty. back up on the beach. it's close and relatively easy.(watch for hooks) i go out of barnegat on the P.K. II and i always check out the north side and it always looks like the surf is ripping! i've heard this is a decent dive but it looks like an *** kicking waiting to happen. what's the story there? it's a shame you can't do the barnegat (south) side. i've seen some really clear water there at times. the inside of the north jetty is huge and looks really diveable but it's off-limits.i've always thought that sucked!

North side is not bad - fun for spearfishing... Any other sites that u know of besides the inlets (Right now IS the time for shore diving - VIZ is great and not a lot of people)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom