Lake View RV park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scallop

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Anyone ever dove Lake View RV park in Lancaster, OH? Just found them on the web today, looks kind of like Cville twin quarries type of operation but a little closer to home. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks for the reply. Looking for any info you would be willing to share. My 11yr old son is my dive buddy and we are both very new. Just did out cert. dives in December in Key Largo. Would this location be a decent one for newbies? Now obviously We would much rather be in the ocean but being from central Ohio there is not much ocean to be found. Looking for someplace close to home that we could practice our skills and just dive as it has hooked us both. Unfortunately any diving will have to wait for warmer weather as I am not a fan of the cold and do not have the equipment or knowledge/skillset to drysuit.

How is the bottom profile, I read on their websight that the depth was 50' or so. Is it a "flat" bottom that very quickly drops to 50' or is that just a portion? With my son being only 11 he holds the jr. cert and is limited to 40' depth. Would there be anything for him to see/do at the shallower depth? I also noticed in their pix something tha looked like a tangle of nets or somesuch? Any clue what that is? Also noticed a car, a stoplight, a wheelchair and a Frito Lay van is there anything else of interest. What would the avg. viz be there ?

Probably have tons more questions but cannot think of anything else right now. Anything you would like to share would be welcome!

The majority of the depth is 30-35, there is a trench that takes you deep, very dark and low vis. Many cool fish to see and search for in the weed beds, the airplane is cool. I have seen vis from 5-20 feet, usually 10-15. Nice quiet place to meet up and get some experience dives.

lake view is my home quary. i love it. never crowded and lots of fish. there is alot to see in the 15-30ft range. not much beyond that. there are ropes leading from the bottem attractions so you cant realy get lost. i dive there at least twice a week in the summer. look me up when you want to go i would love to give you the grand tour.

Thanks 11x, just may take you up on that if you don't mind a couple of total neophytes tagging along. Hoping the water warms up quickly, can't wait to get wet again.

Yeah, this warmer weather is killing me! If I could just find a way to sneak to the keys for a couple days without my wife knowing..................

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom