Lake Travis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Did anyone dive Lake last weekend (Oct 25-26), and if so how was the vis?

My niece is getting certified there next weekend and she wanted to know what she might expect.

Much obliged

I dove last Wed Night. Vis sucked at the surface but opened up nicely below say 30feet. However the shallow platforms at Barstows are only about 2-5 feet deep. Water is around 75degrees F.

Can she beg her instructor to do Aquarina instead?

I was at Barstow's today. The high winds yesterday really messed up the vis. I had about 3 foot vis. Hopefully by the weekend it will settle out a bit.

Was in at Mansfield on the cove side yesterday and viz was pretty decent, probably 5-10 feet below 35' or so. My computer saw 73*F temp and I heard that another person's computer saw 71*F so the lake's really starting to cool down.

A charter is going out Wednesday night for a Sunset/Night dive. Space is available. Send a reservation request if you want to dive, www.laketravisscuba.com/reservations.html. Departure time is 6:00.

Will let you know the vis/temps after the dive. We will be diving a wall and Wreck Alley.

I signed up for the sunset/night dive Lake Travis Scuba does on Wednesday evening. I am going to be in Austin for a few days so I thought I might give the operation a try and it will be great to dive with some people from Scubaboard.

The Wednesday Sunset charter has space available for a two tank dive and will depart at 5:00 to provide time to get in the water before sunset for the first dive.

Austin TSD's - come out and dive with our visiting diver......DebraW.

LOL :rofl3:, that may not be great advertising!! They may want to come out and dive with me, or they may just want to come out and slap me silly. Either way it's probably worth $25. :rofl3:

Did anyone dive Lake last weekend (Oct 25-26), and if so how was the vis?

My niece is getting certified there next weekend and she wanted to know what she might expect.

Much obliged

Last Friday........... Mansfield Dam Dive Park mid day 10-20 feet, except when I silted up the objects or bottom. I loved the viz last week.

SO

myFOXaustin.com | Underwater Web Cam at Aquarena Center

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom