Lake Travis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevin how many rototillers are going to be out there? I will be out there at 10 anyways.

So, I just got in from the lake, and it was definitely an interesting night... Darwin came knocking and I almost had to write a nice post for the accident and incidents thread, but the dumb one lucked out I guess. The water was BEAUTIFUL, 25' viz pretty much throughout, slight haze at the main thermocline at 50ish, and 55 deg at 110. And just so you don't think I'm pulling these numbers out of my arse, we had set buoys for a nav course for an AOW class, and one was set at 28', and I could see the people above me at the surface fairly well, and they could see my tanks, at which I read 25 on my comp.

Dove with danktex and shaggie today at Mansfield and I must say the viz was about 25 ft - the best I've ever seen. I didn't even have to turn on my flash light at 70ft.

Went to Windy Point this morning.Viz on the surface was great.Maybe 25 feet. Steadily got worse going deeper but still 5-10 feet at 100 feet. Thermocline at around 60 feet and below that it was COLD. Sensus Pro said 53,computer 52.
Above 60 feet it is about as good as it gets for Travis

ianr33:
Went to Windy Point this morning.Viz on the surface was great.Maybe 25 feet. Steadily got worse going deeper but still 5-10 feet at 100 feet.

Thats 'Sick'.

I dove Mansfield Dam this past weekend too. Visibility was probably 25' on Sunday. It was unreal. Vis was pretty good at 100 ft. as well, but cold and dark as expected. My computer read 56 degrees at 101 ft!

I need to get to know some other divers from this board. I had no idea that so many other divers from this board would be there as well!

I plan on being out at Mansfield Saturday and Sunday again this up coming weekend as well. I want to dive my drysuit as much as possible before I sweat to death and have to switch to wet.

Not a bad idea. Texas Swamp Diver stickers would be great too!

Back
Top Bottom