Lake Travis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carlislere

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Dove Mansfield Park dive area this afternoon. The water is much closer now. The small skiff that is to the west of the stairs is underwater. Visability was 6-8 feet on average. The vis at the deeper sailboat, now at 31 feet, was about 10 feet on the way out, but on the way back vis had dropped to about 8 feet. The airplane is at 36 feet. Vis remained the same down to 111 feet. That's an improvement from the last dive there when vis was 1-2 feet below 80 feet. Some sunfish and catfish were around. The water clears up near the surface to about 10 feet. Water temp was 57-55degrees.
I drove over to Bob Wentz park on the way home and found the point was barracaded at the concrete launch road. The parking area cones had been removed from the point. There is still plenty of room, but I had to park in the lot. I walked down to the cliffs and looked at Barstows and it appears all stairs go into the water. I did not see any of the lower stair platforms above water from my viewpoint.

Dove Mansfield Park this morning (3/22, 8am-10am), breaking in a new drysuit. Conditions were the same as Ron described above. Water level is at 653+, that's an enormous volume increase over the ~646 we had at the first of the year.

Ron... all sounding very positive...thanks for the update. :wink:

Hopefully we get several more inches of rain this weekend.

Dove yesterday, looking at maybe doing it today. I got to 40 feet, and it was getting too dang cold for a rental 5mm jane and john suit. I was breaking in the new comp, and just did a leisurely cruise from boat to boat. The disappointing thing the line was cut from that large sailboat to the barge, but there was a new line running from the platform that I noticed went over the plane and was pretty tight running towards the dam. Does anyone know what this one's doing? Showed 57 at 40', but both of my comps at that point were showing 65-67 at the surface (definitely noticeably different at the top).

Was out at Windy Point Public on both Sat and Sun. Vis was about 10 feet throughout. Temp was running about 56-58. Water was up past the platforms by about 5 feet.

Layne

So I wish I would have checked into it before, but remember, if you're diving anytime soon, bacteria levels are up, so use your swimmers ear and clean out your ears! Oh, and don't get thirsty and drink the water

Lake Travis is up to 657.67 and rising as of this morning. That's a 4 foot increase since yesterday morning.

658.10! And the upper thermocline is becoming more drastic, so hopefully that'll bring about some good viz a little deeper! Now if only my drysuit was here...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom