Lake Travis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove below the Oasis and viss was great. went to about 130 and was very cold. Lots of great walls and som huge grotos.

Buba Dives:
Dove below the Oasis and viss was great. went to about 130 and was very cold. Lots of great walls and som huge grotos.

What was the approx. vis at depth/130ffw?

Buba Dives:
I was told by my customer that it was probably between 15-20 ft

Ok...thanks.....what is the deepest point on the lake at present you are aware of??

Lake is just one foot from full now. 75 degf to thirty feet.

At Barstows the water is over the first little bity platform on Stair #1. You can actually look into the park from the water. The Sailboat below P1 is at 53 feet (the top of it).

But there's a lot of crud in the water right now.

PvilleStang:
Hey, Dan, how about we get out and use our OW cards? We'll show those snorkelers!

This was FUNNY!

Hey Folks,

A buddy and myself will be doing our AOW checkout dives at LT (not sure where yet)? Would love any advice on exposure suits, expected vis, etc...

Thanks.

BIGG_BUDD:
Hey Folks,

A buddy and myself will be doing our AOW checkout dives at LT (not sure where yet)? Would love any advice on exposure suits, expected vis, etc...

Thanks.

Temperatures not too bad until you get below 70 feet or so
http://www.arlut.utexas.edu/omg/weather.html

Below 70ish feet it will be in the mid 50's

Viz above 70 feet is probably 5 feet. Might be better deeper.

Personally I use a dry suit this time of year for anything deep.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom