Lake Travis Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Willie

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dove Windy Point Public for the first time Sunday. Vis was better than I expected, but still not great, I est. 5-10'. Max depth was 102' and vis below about 70' was more like 3-5'. Water temp was 68 df from surface to 102.

Willie

I thought after this summer they re-named Lake Travis the Colorado river?

ianr33:
You must have been born an optimist Willie ! I would have put it at 1-2 feet.Pretty nasty.
You were behind me most of the time, thats the difference. :(

Sorry if I kept asking you what your pressure was :D
No problem, Ian. I figured out what you were up to. I really enjoyed the dive, even if I wasnt very pleased with my performance all the time. Thanks for your patience.

Willie

Dived mansfield dam on Sat. Dropped the wall down to 106 and then followed the wall over to the dam.

Vis above 100 was not too bad - 7-8 ft. Vis below 106 - uh, i don't know, I could not see my depth gauge...

Temp was around 67.

Stay away from the dam unless you don't mind the hike. I was diving doubles with a stage and it was hell getting in and out and up and down the stairs.

Beautiful day though..... Now, I am off to Cozumel...

thanks

L

ianr33:
You must have been born an optimist Willie ! I would have put it at 1-2 feet.Pretty nasty.

I agree with you ianr33 100%
Pure -D- trash

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom