Lake Travis report 9/11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

atlas750

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
62 degrees at 133 feet. Totally dark. No suprise. But still fun !!

atlas750:

Thats the way to 'beat the HEAT'!!!!!!!

atlas750:

What would you say the vis was @ 133 ?
What part of the lake were you at when you pulled off the dive?

Thanks in advance
Dave

brrrrr....
see any of the monster catfish? I have only been to 75 in Travis and didnt see much at all... 'cept some rocks.

127' / 62F

Vis ~25' (until the HID battery bit it)...observed a number of dead fish (20+) there, both at the surface and on the bottom.

Someone should tow the derelict sailboat away from the dam face so we can dive it deeper....

3dent:
UT's Lake Travis Test Station allows public access to their current weather and water temp data, including water temps at various depths:

http://wwwext.arlut.utexas.edu/omg/weather.html

Too bad we don't have a way to see what the vis is...

But the temperature data only goes down to 60 feet. Tends to be a little colder at depth..............

cyklon_300:
127' / 62F

Vis ~25' (until the HID battery bit it)...observed a number of dead fish (20+) there, both at the surface and on the bottom.

Someone should tow the derelict sailboat away from the dam face so we can dive it deeper....

Man bummer on the HID.
What make and model and what do you think happened?
It going to be up and running for the Florida Trip?

Dave

ianr33:
But the temperature data only goes down to 60 feet. Tends to be a little colder at depth..............

Sorry 'bout that. It's only 60' deep under the test station.

I was at windy point. The private side. Vis was about 25' at least to the end of my light beam. Much better than at 30'. There were abandoned guide lines tangled in some of the trees. So you need to be careful! I did not see any fish deeper than about 80'.

Back
Top Bottom