Lake Travis Jan 28th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Narcd_dvr

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone wanna go diving on the 28th either in Mansfield or Windy Point? Water temps is around 54F..

Just came back from Windy Point Private this past weekend. On Saturday it was about 45 F air temp and 53 F water temp (down from 57 F two weeks ago). With my Santi 400g, dry hood and dry gloves, I was pretty comfy. My buddies did have quite a few equipment issues (nothing related to the cold, aside from wearing too much neoprene, just random crap) that we had to contend with.

Viz was about 2-3 ft because of all the runoff, but there are some massive fish hanging around. On my safety stop I had my eyes closed for about a minute while I relaxed at 15 ft - when I opened them, I was shocked to see about a 10" perch staring me down about 5" away from my mask.

All in all, glad to get wet since I don't get the chance as often this time of year, but a little disappointed in Viz, though we did have the lake to ourselves.

hydro12:
Just came back from Windy Point Private this past weekend. On Saturday it was about 45 F air temp and 53 F water temp (down from 57 F two weeks ago). With my Santi 400g, dry hood and dry gloves, I was pretty comfy. My buddies did have quite a few equipment issues (nothing related to the cold, aside from wearing too much neoprene, just random crap) that we had to contend with.

Viz was about 2-3 ft because of all the runoff, but there are some massive fish hanging around. On my safety stop I had my eyes closed for about a minute while I relaxed at 15 ft - when I opened them, I was shocked to see about a 10" perch staring me down about 5" away from my mask.

All in all, glad to get wet since I don't get the chance as often this time of year, but a little disappointed in Viz, though we did have the lake to ourselves.
Thanks for the viz report. I'm hoping to get some diving this weekend.

I wish I could come out this weekend Enrique, I have to work though. I'll be out at WP taking a dry suit course thursday and friday however. I'm sure I'll be wishing I had some 400g thinsulate undies like LVX and Hydro12!

That's great Shaggie, perhaps one of these days we can go diving when your day off falls on a weekend:) As for undergarments, I have the Bare T100 Polartec, which is a c100 thinsulate, not enough thermal protection for 55F and colder. I have to wear a medium-heavy fleece underneath the thinsulate.

LVX, PM me if you're undergarment arrives.

zero, you decided whether you're going to mansfield or WP this coming weekend?

hydro12:
zero, you decided whether you're going to mansfield or WP this coming weekend?
Yes, I have Sunday at Windy Point around 10am.. Are you diving?

Back
Top Bottom