Lake Travis Jan 28th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm going to try to come out if possible. It's about a 2hr drive for me each way and, unfortunately, real life will probably interfere. In case I got the opportunity, I thought I'd look for you fellas if you were out there, though.

hydro12:
I'm going to try to come out if possible. It's about a 2hr drive for me each way and, unfortunately, real life will probably interfere. In case I got the opportunity, I thought I'd look for you fellas if you were out there, though.
Cool, hope you can make it. If you see a diver wearing a black Bare drysuit with reflectors on each arm, that'll be me:)

Hey Enrique, did you get out and dive? I was going to stop by (not to dive, just to say hey and see how conditions were) but was helping out a buddy with some computer issues at his house and ran later than expected.

So, how cold was it out at travis, and just how crappy was the vis? I am looking around at a second set of fins to fit my heavy boots, and still waiting on dad to send me the extra jet he has to replace my lost one before I can dive again(except in circles :wink:).

Matt

NadMat:
Hey Enrique, did you get out and dive? I was going to stop by (not to dive, just to say hey and see how conditions were) but was helping out a buddy with some computer issues at his house and ran later than expected.

So, how cold was it out at travis, and just how crappy was the vis? I am looking around at a second set of fins to fit my heavy boots, and still waiting on dad to send me the extra jet he has to replace my lost one before I can dive again(except in circles :wink:).

Matt
Hey Matt,
I had some scheduling conflict and had to scrap the dive yesterday. My daughter had a piano recital and it wouldn't look good if I missed that:D However, I'm looking for dive buddy for this coming Saturday. Lemme know if you wanna go diving.
As for the Travis conditions, its probably 55F and 3ft viz..

subzero:
Hey Matt,
I had some scheduling conflict and had to scrap the dive yesterday. My daughter had a piano recital and it wouldn't look good if I missed that:D However, I'm looking for dive buddy for this coming Saturday. Lemme know if you wanna go diving.
As for the Travis conditions, its probably 55F and 3ft viz..

Yeah, you start missing the kids stuff for a cold dark no vis dive in travis and diving is liable to make the wifes 'top ten' pet peeve list real quick. If the conditions top side are good enough saturday I might become stupid enough to pull on the wetsuit and rest of gear and get in to see how bad it is for myself. Of course that is only if I manage to get out and find some fins I like this week sometime.

Sorry you missed your dive, but then you probably didn't miss much but some cold, muddy water.

NadMat:
Yeah, you start missing the kids stuff for a cold dark no vis dive in travis and diving is liable to make the wifes 'top ten' pet peeve list real quick. If the conditions top side are good enough saturday I might become stupid enough to pull on the wetsuit and rest of gear and get in to see how bad it is for myself. Of course that is only if I manage to get out and find some fins I like this week sometime.

Sorry you missed your dive, but then you probably didn't miss much but some cold, muddy water.

Forcast for this coming Saturday seems to be good - Sunny, highs in the 60s and lows in the 30s. If you fit in a med split fins, you're more than welcome to use it for the day.

Water temp at Windy Point Public on Sunday was 52 degrees with 2-3 foot visability. NadMat, we dove in the area where you lost your fin, but I still haven't found it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom