Lake Travis Clean Up 9/10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't think I can go- fresh out of unicorns... really I scheduled myself Sat/Sun night and unfortunately need the money especially if going to Belize.It's tempting to call in...

Man, I'd love to but I'll be on my way back from cave country.

loosebits:
Man, I'd love to but I'll be on my way back from cave country.
With wonderful pictures and fascinating reports to post, I hope.

Willie

For those of you that have done one of these in the past, what's the typical drill? Sign in, jump in, get garbage, hop out, refill, repeat?

I'm thinking about going a lil deeper - have this mental image of new divers roto-tilling the shallower sections..

D.

Pre dive brief at the unholy hour of 8am, hop in, pick up trash, get out, dry off, drive to C&C's, drink,wait for burgers, drink, eat burgers, drink, listen to band, drink, hang out for raffle, drink, say "see y'all next year".

Aww.. Bummer.

I'd love to come, now that I'm sufficiently healed up (ER visit, gall bladder surgery, etc is fun) to where I can get back in the water...

Alas, I'll be in Norway enjoying the countryside that day.

Hrmph.

Anyone want to go diving after the 12th? :)

- d.

Daylonious:
For those of you that have done one of these in the past, what's the typical drill? Sign in, jump in, get garbage, hop out, refill, repeat?

I'm thinking about going a lil deeper - have this mental image of new divers roto-tilling the shallower sections..

D.

Your mental image is fairly accurate -- with new and old divers alike -- its hard to remove trash from all that silt without stirring it up a bit. Also, depends on which boat/location you dive with - Dive World is usually in Devils Cove which isnt that deep anyway, but with the lake so low... anyone up for wading?!

For some reason, I am unable to download either waiver form. When I click on either one, I get a blank window and that's it. Is there an Admin out there who can assist?

carlislere:
For some reason, I am unable to download either waiver form. When I click on either one, I get a blank window and that's it. Is there an Admin out there who can assist?

I think the problem is due to the server changes. I have the diver liability saved locally if you want to PM me with a real email address I will send it to you.

Back
Top Bottom