Lake Travis 4-18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AggieDad

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My son and I went to Mansfield Dam Park today for his first dive after certification and my second. We made two dives to a max of 53 feet. Vis was 10 + feet (at least until I had been through) and the temp on the surface was 66 and was 64 at 53 feet.

We had a lot of fun and although my son nearly died laughing at me while we practiced our skills. This was the first time in my Ranger to do a BC removal. Yikes, no weight belt and I was headed for the surface. Got it done but it wasn't pretty the first time. My thanks to Jeanne Ann Booth at Tom's Dive and Swim for teaching my son. He did a great job and handled himself very well. We got separated and he followed procedures correctly and I found him on the surface. I was leading and I dropped down into a cloud of silt that I had kicked up by accident and he was headed the way I told him to go (following a cable). We made two dives for a little over 90 minutes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom