Lake Pleasant Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope you mean Ryan our DMT, otherwise I'll have to ask Mindy who this "Jason" character is! :blinking::no

Ooops. Of course I meant Ryan. Sorry about that Ryan.....and Mindy. We had a great time yesterday. Thanks again RYAN.

Steve.

Anybody going diving this weekend? Vista Point? Beismeyer Point? Two Cow Cove? Spillway? Salt River? Maybe another night dive next week? I got my tanks filled today so I'm Ready.

Steve.

Were thinking about it - not sure if we can though - I don't have a 3mm - and its to warm for the 7, and not sure if its to cold for the shorty.

It depends on the depth that you're diving at. A 7mm is still pretty much fine at depths below 40'. You might want to take it off or at least roll it down to your waist during SIs though. I'm diving at the river on Saturday so I won't be at the lake this weekend.

Steve.

Anybody going diving this weekend? Vista Point? Beismeyer Point? Two Cow Cove? Spillway? Salt River? Maybe another night dive next week? I got my tanks filled today so I'm Ready.

Steve.

Steve,

A couple of us are going to the vista point area early tomorrow morning. Hope to be getting out to pleasant around 7:00 to 7:30. We'll be in a white chevy pickup. Stop by and dive with us or say helo if you get a chance.

Craig

Steve,

A couple of us are going to the vista point area early tomorrow morning. Hope to be getting out to pleasant around 7:00 to 7:30. We'll be in a white chevy pickup. Stop by and dive with us or say helo if you get a chance.

Craig

Sorry I missed you. I got an invite on Friday morning to dive at the Salt River. Man that was cool. Anyway, let me know if you're going back to the lake this weekend.

Steve.

Anybody going to the lake this Saturday? I'm not sure that I will make it the weekend of the 4th and after that my boys will be here visiting for the rest of the month so I won't be diving.

Ian, my 11 year old will be doing the PADI Seals with Mindy so at least we'll get wet.

Last edited:
Dove Vista Point Yesterday .... 530pm
Probably heading out to LP again today.

Air Temp: 108 degrees
Partly cloudy with a little wind. Light chop on the surface of the lake.
Dive plan - 25 minutes around the point (Southwest). 25 minutes return (Northeast)

Average Depth: was about 30 feet.
Maximum Depth: 50 feet
Dive Time: 50 minutes
Visibility at 30 feet: 10 to 15 feet
Visibility at 50 feet: less than 5 feet
Temperature at 25 feet: 77 degrees
Temperature at 50 feet: 62 degrees

Thermocline was at 27 feet. Dropped from 77 degrees to about 72 degrees.
Next noticeable thermocline was about 43 feet. Comfortable in a 3MM down to about 42/43 feet.

Saw lots of baby fish. A few bass and 1 catfish. No fishermen or boats in the area.
Found: Fishing Reel, two fishing lures, lots of trash and a small aluminum conical shaped object (yet to be identified).

Not Saturday, looks like I will be going out on Monday!!!

Anyone up for a night dive this week? 7th-11th? Trying to get a couple in. Something simple like Spring Canyon Landing or DT. PM if your interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom