Lake Pleasant conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So far 4 of us are headed to Scorpion Bay on Sunday morning 8ish this weekend. Sounds like it is still drysuit water temps, even if it is supposed to be 92 degrees outside.

Hoping for that 10-20ft vis.

Karen

www.protectlakepleasant.org

I just stumped across this site and thought I'd see what everyone's thoughts are about the new marina. I really hadn't thought about it until I looked at this site. I have only just recently completed my OW cert and most of my class was at Scorpion Bay. IMO I agree that this would greatly increase boat traffic, not to mention take away a pretty popular dive loaction.

Had a great day today at the bay....saw several schools of bass, one that was about 4 to 6 lbs....not bad.... water vis was about 20'....temp was 54!!! We brought out a couple DPV's and had a blast..... Wish you all could have been there!!! :(

ffbsm85:
www.protectlakepleasant.org

I just stumped across this site and thought I'd see what everyone's thoughts are about the new marina. I really hadn't thought about it until I looked at this site. I have only just recently completed my OW cert and most of my class was at Scorpion Bay. IMO I agree that this would greatly increase boat traffic, not to mention take away a pretty popular dive loaction.

Interesting site. Thanks, Justin.

I have to agree that Lake Pleasant is over capacity, and I don't think it's just in the summer months. I haven't seen as many boats in one lake as I have in Pleasant. Even Lake Mead isn't as bad on a summer weekend.

Dove Scorpion Bay this morning. Vis at 15ft, temp 53-55 degrees. Sunny but a lot of wind. There was what could be called "surf" :)

Attachments

• Lake P 004.jpg
    Lake P 004.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 51
  • Lake P 002.jpg
    Lake P 002.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 55

Back
Top Bottom