Lake Pleasant conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mmm. Yeah, I have a hood, but no vest. Actually, for purposes of adjusting gear and getting used to it, I found out I can go to The Dive Shop and use their pool for $20, which includes tank. It'd include all the other stuff too, but don't need. Probably better than going all the way to Phoenix and freezing at the moment.

I had 55 degrees on my first dive and 57 on my second dive yesterday. Don't know why the difference in temp other than I went a different direction in the bay. To be honest though, I don't know that there's much of a difference between 55 and 57! The visibility was great. I'd even be willing to say it was 25'!

Jess, you should come to the lake. A 5 with a 4/3 underneath should be fine. Especially with the air temp being in the 90s. Plenty of heat to warm you up during the surface intervals.

I agree, spend the $20 bucks on gas and lake fees and log a dive or two! The 52F I was referring to was just a temp I spotted while on my dive, my computer log probably says 55. I should dig it out and log (post on blog) some dives, haven't in a couple months (<----lazy). I'll bring you a tank it I'm able to join you.

-Garrett

Dive-aholic:
I had 55 degrees on my first dive and 57 on my second dive yesterday. Don't know why the difference in temp other than I went a different direction in the bay. To be honest though, I don't know that there's much of a difference between 55 and 57! The visibility was great. I'd even be willing to say it was 25'!

We all know why there was a two degree differnece:D I thought you were only supposed to do that in a rental.

I agree go out to the lake and get some decent bottom time with your new gear. You should be warm enough for at least a dive or two. I'm a wuss and I get by in a 7mill one piece and a hood.

That way you can trim in on the first dive and on the second just swim it around.

Anyone going to be out at the lake this weekend on Sun.?

Cool, I have a spare STA if you need one. We'll probabley be out there around 8:30 - 9:00 at Scorpion Bay.

Yeah, I don't know when I'll make it up there. I think if I go up, I'd rather go up and camp and dive the weekend long as I'm going that far. So right now as things stand I might be up there the weekend of the 8th. I'd go next weekend, but have a poster presentation Saturday pm. Also like to get my reg. tuned up first before heading up. April's pretty busy, so that'd probably work the best.

phatso-29:
We all know why there was a two degree differnece :D I thought you were only supposed to do that in a rental.

Nah, I do it in my own too :wink: However, I was wearing my dry suit, so we weren't having any of that. No p-valve yet. :frown:

Suddenly I've figured out I'll be able to be in Lake Pleasant on Sunday 18th from 11AM. Any chance to meet someone there ? (I'd be glad to have a buddy).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom