Lake Pleasant conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will be a Busy weekend @ the Lake they Are having a Bass tourny this weekend. They will be in all the coves

I'm going Sunday , it might be the last chance to dive Scorpion Bay. If their is enough divers in that area I'm sure the fisherman will stay clear.

We'll be at the lake Sunday, too. There is a nice little reg in the books that says they have to stay 100' from a dive flag. :D

That must be a new reg. No one has followed it before :wink:

Dive-aholic:
We'll be at the lake Sunday, too. There is a nice little reg in the books that says they have to stay 100' from a dive flag. :D

I may B there 2.
Shall B either Sat, or Sun, or both.

is there any thing to really see at Lake Pleasant to make it worth diving? I have never dove any of the lakes here. I want to go diving, but don't really have the time to go out of town so I am thinking about giving one of the lakes a try. If it is worth it I might go out there this weekend if I can find someone who would want to go with me. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

The only lake worth diving in PHX is Lake Pleasant. There's not a ton to see, but if you make the best of it and you have good conditions like we have right now, it can be a lot of fun. You definitely want to head out with someone who knows the good spots.

We are heading out on Sunday (this week) and we'll be out there Saturday and Sunday next week. If you're looking for some folks to dive with, PM me.

jcf

shark.byte.usa:
Ya but who's going to enforce it?

True, it is difficult to get enforced. Hopefully, lake patrol will be beefed up this weekend with all the activities. I usually ignore the boats that come in and out of the cove, but when they start hanging around or going right up to the buoy, I make a call...

Hollywood13:
is there any thing to really see at Lake Pleasant to make it worth diving? I have never dove any of the lakes here. I want to go diving, but don't really have the time to go out of town so I am thinking about giving one of the lakes a try. If it is worth it I might go out there this weekend if I can find someone who would want to go with me. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Same here. It's not always practical to head down to Mexico or over to SoCal and definitely not affordable to do every weekend. That's how we got into diving the local lakes. It is something we can do every couple weeks without breaking the bank or spending too much time away from home. It's not the best diving, but it is diving. Lately we've been seeing a lot more fish, too. They probably restocked the lake recently for the tourney this weekend. We'll be over at Scorpion Bay Sunday. We'll be teaching, but you're welcome to join us on a dive or two.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom