Lake Pleasant conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azcaddman:
heh, argon, at the lake :)

I'd be impressed Karen, if you took that camera into the water :1poke:

Naw, it's just a RBS for the dry suit.

I bet there's a much greater chance of your camera flooding than ours.

azcaddman:
heh, argon, at the lake :)

I'd be impressed Karen, if you took that camera into the water :1poke:

There you go with the pokey stick guy again.

It's not Argon just air in an Argon Bottle. Easier than adding a druit inflation hose to the ocean regs and then having to take it off again.

And about the camera....I knew that was coming.

Karen, John, et al,

It was nice to meet you guys today. Next time I'll try to get out of bed on time. Let me know when you go out again.

Bob

Beautiful day today at the lake above and below water. Dove Scorpion with Dive-aholic and wife, AzAtty and Granny. Water temp 52-55. Viz was unreal, I'll call it 20' but it was clear, not green, no floaties...clear! down to about 40-45'. Saw some bass and little fish, enough life to keep me interested. Perfect day topside, just noticed my face got quite burnt.

For those of you interested, Granny and Co. are going to be at Scorpion Thursday night for a night dive, camping out and diving Friday morning till ?. If your interested you should PM him or just show up. I can't make it.

-Garrett

knowing that Gilbert Aldana is still dead and in that lake somewhere, there is no way I could dive in that lake without a very erie feeling.

scrapdizzy:
knowing that Gilbert Aldana is still dead and in that lake somewhere, there is no way I could dive in that lake without a very erie feeling.
Well not to get too creepy but from what I hear there are at least 3 unrecovered bodies in the lake. But I certainly understand your feelings, since he was a friend of yours. Hope he's recovered for the family's sake.

With temp 52-55, could you make it through a dive or two on a 7mm, or rather a 5mm with a 4/3 underneath? Yeah, I know, lots of neoprene there. Just that I have some new equipment I need to dive and get accustomed to. Even if I only stay in the lake for 30 min or so--enough to try out and such.

Or should I go in the pool at the university rec. center??? I totally would, only I'm sure they wouldn't be very pleased with me doing this. I dunno why, I pay fees for the place but don't use... it smells like dirty feet in there. Hopefully it's not me I'm smelling... :rofl3:

*Namabiru contorts her body into pretzel, sniffing her feet*

Nope, not I.

namabiru:
With temp 52-55, could you make it through a dive or two on a 7mm, or rather a 5mm with a 4/3 underneath? Yeah, I know, lots of neoprene there. Just that I have some new equipment I need to dive and get accustomed to. Even if I only stay in the lake for 30 min or so--enough to try out and such.

Or should I go in the pool at the university rec. center??? I totally would, only I'm sure they wouldn't be very pleased with me doing this. I dunno why, I pay fees for the place but don't use... it smells like dirty feet in there. Hopefully it's not me I'm smelling... :rofl3:

*Namabiru contorts her body into pretzel, sniffing her feet*

Nope, not I.
That's a personal tolerance type of question, I personally have been using a 7mm (pretty worn out) with a 3mm shorty underneath and I've been comfortable lately. It's just warming up above my pain threshold. New booties made a big difference for me too. I get cold about 30-40 minutes into the dive.

-Garrett

i dove last week with a 7/5 and by the end of each approximately 30-40 minute dive i was starting to shiver. my wetsuit didn't fit the best but i'm probably going to get a 5mm hooded vest to wear under my wetsuit. that's just my experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom