Lake Pleasant conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is a pic of the rattle snake that Mike aka Granny almost stepped on at scorpion bay but if you ask me even if he had it probably would not have done anything it was really cold for it to move even after I poked it with a stick which was a stupid idea to begin with but I wanted to move it out of the way so I can pick up the empty beer bottle.
diving002.jpg

titandiver:
Here is a pic of the rattle snake that Mike aka Granny almost stepped on at scorpion bay but if you ask me even if he had it probably would not have done anything it was really cold for it to move even after I poked it with a stick which was a stupid idea to begin with but I wanted to move it out of the way so I can pick up the empty beer bottle.

Maybe ya shoulda poked the BOTTLE out of the way.....til you could have grabbed it anyway.... :wink:

I was out at Pleasant myself today doing my OW cert.... brrrr! (but fun!!)
I don't know the name of the area where we were. I just know that a road disappeared into the water right nearby. Was your avatar pic taken at Pleasant? (That looks like where I was....lol)

If you had walls on both sides of the road, you were at Desert Tortoise. If it was flat, you were at Dirty Shirt. Desert Tortoise is the more likely place.

Anyone up for a dive at scorpion bay this Friday Morning???? Got some time off and looking for someone to hit the water!!!!

I may be up for it. Let me check my calendar. What time are you thinking?

I would like to get there at 9:00am in the water by 9:30 or so... do the first dive ...take an hour or so surface interval then do the second dive.... Be home early afternoon....If that works let me know!!!

Dove with AzAtty, Granny & segundo3000gt today, did 2 dives at Scorpion, bottom temp is a brisk 51F, viz was 10-20' and was still good deep(er), no thermocline that I could tell. I estimate the water level about 5' below full. Nice sunny day topside!

-Garrett

Oh I almost forgot...I saw about 15 bass, 5-6 right when I dropped on first dive and NO snakes.

Will be at the bay in the morning...anyone want to join me I will be there between 8:30-9:00...so far there will be 3 of us there!!! Hope to see more!!!

Drat. Gotta deal with a problem today, so I won't make it. And I need to get a tank fill. And I need rebuild my second stage on my singles setup. I had to cannibalize my doubles regulators yesterday because my second stage started a slow freeflow the moment I hit the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom