Lake Pleasant conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will have to see as I get closer to that date.... I know my morning is free but not sure about the afternoon yet!!!

Great diving with you today Ry! That first dive was smoking.

Diving off Desert Tortoise Road. Go around the first Island (off the road). Found a channel in 50' feet of water. Very cool structure. Saw a couple of Bass. 53 Oceanic Degrees (it's 98.6 in a drysuit) :wink: and before the OW Students (there must have been 20 of them) got in the water and churned things up a bit. Second dive was great too. Vis dropped about ten feet.

Lake Pleasant remains ... the greatest training environment in Arizona!

jcf

We were over at Scorpion Bay over the weekend. The temp there was 86 degrees and the visibility was at least 60'!!!!!

Just kidding!!! Actually, we had 53 degrees with about 15-20' of visibility. Saw some fish hanging around the wall. Looks like they're starting to make their way back. Saw a bunch more fish on the night dive including a catfish that was at least 3' long! Yes, I have witnesses!!! The lake looks like it's about 10' shy of being full. Hopefully now we'll see a little warmer temps in the coming months!

Anybody diving on 3/1 or 3/2 at Pleasant?
I went a few weeks ago to Mohave and it was a really nice dive, quite cold by the way.
It looks like the viz' at pleasant is good again so I want to go out and blow some bubbles.
Any takes let me know
Andres

Yes, I'll attest to seeing the 3' long catfish Rob speaks of.... it's not just a fish tale. It was a REALLY big catfish and I think it was trying to eat me for dinner. Beware, divers, Lake Plesant is full of man-eating catfish. (Just trying to see what kinds of rumors I can get started...)

dove lake pleasent today. water temp 53-56 deg, Vis aprox. 20-25 ft. A bit cold on second dive. Only saw one lagemouth bass. A couple of other divers saw a rattle snake close by. Still rather cold for that to be out! But watch your step.

Welcome to the Board revrikki! Thanks for the heads up about the rattler. It does seem like it would be a little cold out there for them to be out already. Hopefully we'll see you at the lake sometime!

I'll do my best as to attend LP on late Sunday's noon of 3/4.
I intend to pick cylinder from Sport Chalet B4.
I'll be more than glad to have company.

If possible, I prefer to dive either on 3/5 or 3/6, so if you're available- fine with me.

About that 3' long legend catfish, well... I'll bring my underwater Cam- Corder with me, so if I'll C it- Promise 2 upload film 2 Net, so U'll B able 2 C it.

Gilad.

Back
Top Bottom