Lake Jocassee graveyard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was not a night dive. I have a little Sea and Sea camera and the aperture doesn't open enough in low light situations. Viz was easily 20+ feet and even without lights you could see lots more with the naked eye than with what showed up in the camera. In particular were the grave sites, now filled in quite a bit, but with their corners perfect 90 degrees and the sides perfectly vertical. Looked like they were dug last week. That was eerie.

A number of clips were all black. Consider it more like a dusk dive, perhaps.

We deff. need to get up there and do that.

Seen that one (Nice!!) Thats how I'll be as well in double's. Is the only way to get to the graveyard is by boat? I know there is some shore diving there also?

Seen that one (Nice!!) Thats how I'll be as well in double's. Is the only way to get to the graveyard is by boat? I know there is some shore diving there also?

Only way to the cemetery is by boat. There is shore diving off a remote boat ramp. Part of it is barracaded for divers' use only. Boats are allowed to launch there, but it's pretty well known that there are divers in the water. Actually, I think the cove by the walk-in ramp is great diving. Lots of interesting rock formations, huge tree roots that project 40 feet into the water, lots of fish (very friendly, by the way :D). From the ramp, you can dive as deep as you want. Stay shallow and see the wildlife, or dive 100+ feet and enter the underwater forest. Jocassee is an exceptional place to dive.

That looks like a cool dive. Might have to get a trip together next year.

Cool video. I finally dove the graveyard about a month ago. It was about 120' on the bottom with the dake being so low. I hope OTW does a night Haloween dive there this year. I went out for the single divers DOM last year, but with a small turn out for the night dive, and an OW diver on the boat, we ended up diving the Junk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom